Join now - be part of our community!

Vista Upgrade was cancelled by Moduslink

Meld51
Visitor

Vista Upgrade was cancelled by Moduslink

After having waited for over 5 months to receive my Vista Express Upgrade from Moduslink, they cancelled my order without warning.
Here is a short history:

1. Jan. Ordered the upgrade via the SONY website, which redirects you to Moduslink. Their website was extremely cranky and it took several times to place the order.

2. You are told that the upgrades will be sent at the end of March.

3. After the end of March phoned Moduslink twice and both times was assured all was well

4. April. Received an email to say that the order would be cancelled in 2 days because the credit card reservation had expired (due to their own tardiness)

5. Same day. Went to website to find that the order was already cancelled.

6. Next day. Phoned them and was told that I had to reorder!

7. Went to website to find that SONY customers can no longer re-order

8. Phoned SONY helpline. Got job number and was told they would escalate the problem and would call me back in 2 days.

9. 3 days later. No call back. Rang them and they said they would chase and call me back in a week.

10 1 week later. No call back so I phoned them. Asked me to wait another week. I refused. Got the supervisor who was helpful. Chased without success but called me back in a couple of hours. (A little victory!)Promised to chase again and call me back today.

11. No call back......

SONY! Listen! This is not a good way to treat your customers. Now I have had all the excuses about it being a deal between Microsoft and Moduslink, but you were very keen, no doubt, to publicise the Vista Upgrade on your website in order to sell more machines in the dog days just before Vista came out! You have a resposibility to correct this state of affairs. I bought the VAIO on the basis that I could Vista it for free.

Does any of this sound familiar to any readers?

78 REPLIES 78
ktough
Visitor

I have had similar problems but I just have not received my vista no e mails back at all. My two mates orered theirs at the same time one was A ACER ONE WAS A DELL THEY HAVE BOTH RECEIVED THEIRS NOT THE SONY THOUGH. :devil:

a7med_360
Visitor

i ordered mine feburary but didnt go through because of the problem they had with accepting cards so i call in during end of march/begining april i give them my laptop information COA/serial number etc they said my order has been accepted and will be arriving nxt few weeks AND I STILL DIDNT GET IT this is really pissing me off why didnt sony just release the drivers on a cd and send em out and we just buy the OS sepratly it would of been much easier than waiting all this time.....SONY WERENT READY!!!!!

I WANT MY VISTA :slight_frown:

Meld51
Visitor

Well, I'm not the only one then.

People, keep this thread going and let's see if we can embarrass SONY into doing something.

I would like everyone in the world who has been the victim of this scheme to post here so that we can show SONY who we are. I for one will not let it rest.

be like.no.other.....keep complaining until they put things right

I bought the computer on the basis of a Vista upgrade and actually (if you read my other threads), it has developed a fault in the time it has taken to get this far in the saga!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

If you've lost money over this then you should contact Trading Standards, they will advise you on how you can get it back, or actually get what you paid for.

a7med_360
Visitor

thats what im confused by nothing has been charged to my card but when i called they said there sending it to me...maybe cuz i got it for free cuz purchased my lappy in december.............BUT I WANT DAMN VISTA IT LOOKS BLOODY SEXY!

Meld51
Visitor

This is what Moduslink told me:

When you place the order with Moduslink they use your card to reserve a payment from your bank account. This deletes after a certain period of time and when they finally (some months later) try and debit your account, they are unable to do so and so they cancel your order.

I've never heard of this before.

I can tell you that I ordered a second copy of Vista from them for another laptop (Toshiba) and the same thing happened except they shipped the upgrade after they told be there was a card problem! So I got that one, despite the fact that they said they had a problem with my card.

This Toshiba order went through in about 4 months. I phoned them just after I got the dreaded email about my card and they told me it would be ok and to forget the cancellation email.

Sure enough the item arrived.

Not so with the SONY.

Moduslink told me that they were waiting for drivers from SONY but I can't say if that was true or not. Seems to be wrong since I see from this Forum that others have had their copy....though I also see that Vista does not come without a certain amount of aggravation...

Waqz
Visitor

I ordered mine around February. Mine has been shipped and by what they said i should have it within another week.

Has anyone received theirs?

They have to make it hard...
Couldnt we just go into a store with a coupon or something instead of this hassle...

a7med_360
Visitor

i still didnt get mine :slight_frown: since feburary

sony just werent ready as simple as that to adopt vista there wasnt a massive rush for vista anyway + this would of gave them mroe time to work on driver and applications such as THE BLU RAY WIN DVD :slight_frown: all this moaning is it getting us anywhere :thinking: :heart_eyes:

Meld51
Visitor

The SONY saga continues...

OK, A lot more phone calls from me and no callbacks (as promised) by SONY

The latest situation is.....well.....exactly as it was in January....although I have two call centre supervisers on the job right now.

I have a promise of a call back on Monday afternoon.

Oh and a promise: we WILL get the upgrade to you.

We'll see.....