Join now - be part of our community!

3 Weeks Later I Get My Laptop Bq From Sony With Minor Problem...

a7med_360
Visitor

3 Weeks Later I Get My Laptop Bq From Sony With Minor Problem...

Hey, i received my laptop today, after 3weeks of being repaired well mainly just changing the keyboard :thinking: .............but not the volume key and keys surrounding it are not working mute key and eject key.....neither does the camera, i downloaded the vaio camera capture program but it says no input even tho it display my camera in the settings..also when im using msn/wlm now i put the font size to 8 however it doesnt stay when i open another convo it will go bq to size 10......vaio ar21s+vista....plzz help tnxx

23 REPLIES 23
a7med_360
Visitor

not much hassel but when u have 53GB of data it makes it quite hard...... i ran a system format a few months ago i backed everything on the partition hard drive.......my question is that will restore to factory setting act the same as the format and leave the partition un touched?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

restoring to factory setting means that i would have to re-install vista???

I'm afraid that you will :slight_frown:

my question is that will restore to factory setting act the same as the format and leave the partition un touched?

I'm not sure what you mean here, but restoring to factory defaults will format the C drive and return the machine to "as delivered".

As a last ditch attempt I suggest that you try reinstalling all of the Sony Vista Utilities prior to taking the recovery route.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
a7med_360
Visitor

yeee im going to try re installating them ..........
sooo it should b in this order correct..?
Sony Utils DLL
Sony Shared Library
Sony Vaio Event Service

I have one question tho everytime i install the Sony Utilities DLL it asks me to remove the previous version which i do then install it again after restarting but the other 2 dont ask me to uninstall or overwrite anything.......

Just to take the safe route here ill just format my laptop if this doesnt work because im 100% sure that it wont delete the D:\(my partition) so i can back up my data there......but this i must say is a let down, by sony repair

a7med_360
Visitor

SO I WAS RIGHT .......... AFTER WAITING THREE GOD DAMN WEEKS FOR A REPLACEMENT OF A KEYBOARD WHICH THEY MADE ME PAY FOR EVEN THOUGH IM IN WARRANTY, THEY SEND ME MY VAIO AR12S WITH PROBLEMS ALL THE CONTROL UNIT TO THE LEFT HAND SIDE DOESNT WORK I HAVE RESTORED TO FACTORY SETTING TRIED RE-INSTALLING THE UTILITIES TO ALLOW IT TO WORK AND IT HASNT........WHEN I PRESS THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON OR THE NUM LOCK THE LIGHTS DONT COME ON SO THERE IS DEFFINATLY FAULTY WIRING AND SONY ARE **** JACKASSESSSSSSSSSS......IM GOING TO MAKE THE ENGINEER COME TO MY HOUSE AND FIX IT, IM NOT SENDING IT OFF TO THOES GOD DAMN SON'S OF BITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...... NEVER BUYING A SONY LAPTOP AGAIN..SHAME THERE VERY BEAUTIFULL NEARLY EVERY DEVICE APPLIANCE IN MY HOUSE IS SONY 4 LCD TV'S DVD PLAYERS BLU RAY PLAYERS PS3 SURROUND SOUND AND STEREO SYSTEMS.........THIS IS AN OUTRAGE FROM VAIO IVE NEVER RAN INTO A PROBLEM LIKE THIS....

MY LAST DELL LAPTOP HDD CORRUPTER I CALL THEM NXT DAY I GET AN ENGINEER WITH A BRAND NEW HARDDRIVE AND MOTHERBOARD AND MONITOR(DUE TO WEAK HINGES) AND ALL THIS WAS COVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY................. MY SONY BURN IN HELL :devil: