Join now - be part of our community!

3 Weeks Later I Get My Laptop Bq From Sony With Minor Problem...

a7med_360
Visitor

3 Weeks Later I Get My Laptop Bq From Sony With Minor Problem...

Hey, i received my laptop today, after 3weeks of being repaired well mainly just changing the keyboard :thinking: .............but not the volume key and keys surrounding it are not working mute key and eject key.....neither does the camera, i downloaded the vaio camera capture program but it says no input even tho it display my camera in the settings..also when im using msn/wlm now i put the font size to 8 however it doesnt stay when i open another convo it will go bq to size 10......vaio ar21s+vista....plzz help tnxx

23 REPLIES 23
littlebucko
Visitor

in msn the font gets changed for 1 window not all
and what oparating system are you running
as it might not me that laptop at fault
as windows vista has bugs and a virus init that stops things from working
most people who have vista have the problem of some keys not working
and camara not working

a7med_360
Visitor

im running vista but all of this was working before i sent it off to sony.....

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Vista has a virus in it?
Are you sure? :smileythinking:

a7med_360
Visitor

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi a7med_360,

Have you considered restoring your notebook to factory settings using either the recovery disks that you made, or alternatively tap F10 at boot to recover your system from the hidden recovery partition?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
a7med_360
Visitor

wouldnt that remove all my data...? can i use the discs that came with my vista upgrade pack?
there must be another solution cant i just re install some of the drivers?(if u knw which ones will help :P)

.....but what about the camera why isint the capture program working on msn its working fineee

a7med_360
Visitor

Can anyone help me because this is really frustrating not being able to tune the volume, unless i use the remote control or the volume icon on the bottom of the screen

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

If you can't use the DVD drive to write data then I suggest using something like a USB drive for storage during the reformat.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

sorry a7med_360, was just wondering where the 'vista has a virus' came from.
I don't believe it has a virus.