Join now - be part of our community!

Installing XP on VGN-29VN/B

Nizzer
Visitor

Installing XP on VGN-29VN/B

Just got my new Vieo and I am trying to se up XP instead of Vista so as to run Visual Studio 2003 etc for some dev work (Vistas rubbish at running VS2005 also).

I can successfully install XP Corporate with no issue however the lack of drivers especially for the Ethernet & wireless are proving to be an issue, I have tried a few drivers from other models but with no luck.

Sony’s support informed me that they have no driver support due to the hardware only supporting Vista, this is something I find highly odd especially from a manufactures point of view.

Anyhoo, has anyone successfully set up this notebook with XP? I am not fussed on loosing any preinstalled software etc as long as I can get net access, burn/read dvd’s etc etc

Cheers

Nizzer

4 REPLIES 4
Nizzer
Visitor

Bump, need to get this sorted asap, I am going to burn off the TX3 & N1 drivers and give these a go, basicaly am getting sic of putting xp on and then not getting anwhere with the drivers, so any help would be great, :grin:

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Nizzer and welcome to Club Vaio.

You need to download the Original XP Drivers Package and the Original XP Utilities Package for the VGN-N11S from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-N&m=2392

The N11S was the last N-Series to be released with XP as the OS and your hardware looks identical. It should work OK.

:wink:

Nizzer
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

Thanks, I stumbled across these earlier today tho I have not had a chance to try them out yet, (will do in bit), at least i do know at this point my recovery disks work :tongue:

Cheers

Nizzer

Nizzer
Visitor

What can I say ROCKING \m/:D\m/ xp up and running whoop can finaly get some dev work done, and then back to vista when the time is right.

Cheers