Join now - be part of our community!

3 Weeks Later I Get My Laptop Bq From Sony With Minor Problem...

a7med_360
Visitor

3 Weeks Later I Get My Laptop Bq From Sony With Minor Problem...

Hey, i received my laptop today, after 3weeks of being repaired well mainly just changing the keyboard :thinking: .............but not the volume key and keys surrounding it are not working mute key and eject key.....neither does the camera, i downloaded the vaio camera capture program but it says no input even tho it display my camera in the settings..also when im using msn/wlm now i put the font size to 8 however it doesnt stay when i open another convo it will go bq to size 10......vaio ar21s+vista....plzz help tnxx

23 REPLIES 23
a7med_360
Visitor

the drive works i ripped afew cd's yesterday its only the buttons on the left hand side of the keyboard that are not working........S1 S2 volume mute & eject

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi a7med_360,

To restore the function of the volume buttons try downloading the following Sony Vista Utilities from here

1 Sony Utils
1 Sony Shared Library
3 Vaio Event Service

…and then install in that order followed by a re-boot. If this doesn’t work the first time around then try at least a couple of times more.

Hopefully this will cure the problem.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
a7med_360
Visitor

I tried these three in this order installed them around 3-4x and they didnt work

Sony Utils DLL 7.0.00.11210 2 MB 21/02/2007
Sony Shared Library 3.0.00.10180 2.53 MB 22/02/2007
Sony Video Shared Library 3.1.00.10240 3.69 MB 22/02/2007

y2krog2000
Visitor

as windows vista has bugs and a virus init that stops things from working
most people who have vista have the problem of some keys not working
and camara not working

Now thats just a load of b*ll*cks, why do you lie?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I tried these three in this order installed them around 3-4x and they didnt work

Sony Utils DLL 7.0.00.11210 2 MB 21/02/2007
Sony Shared Library 3.0.00.10180 2.53 MB 22/02/2007
Sony Video Shared Library 3.1.00.10240 3.69 MB 22/02/2007

In that case, unless anyone else has further ideas, we are back to the factory restore. Make sure you backup your data first….

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Now thats just a load of b*ll*cks, why do you lie?

I couldn't agree more y2krog2000 :slight_frown:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
a7med_360
Visitor

it wouldnt make a difference if i did a factory restore because as u say if these 3 steps are what installs the connection for the buttons the factory restore will do the same!.........maybe sony may have disconnected a few wires during repair of the laptop???

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

maybe sony may have disconnected a few wires during repair of the laptop???

Hi a7med_360,

Before jumping to conclusions try, as Rich912 stated, a factory restore and restore your Vaio back to the factory settings, if the function of the volume buttons still do not work correctly then you can contact vaio link again.. :wink:

a7med_360
Visitor

restoring to factory setting means that i would have to re-install vista??? plus at the moment i dnt have any medium to back up my dad except the partition hard drive built in

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

This is the only way out from what I can see, if you can get some DVD-RWs then it won't be so much hassle.