Join now - be part of our community!

Bad quality sound with the speakers

Nanashi
Visitor

Bad quality sound with the speakers

Hello everyone,

I've been using the z4 tablet for some days and the sound of the front speakers seems to be pretty bad. There's always a white noise when any sound is played, whether it is a notification, a video or music.

I've had the first tablet exchanged but the second one has exactly the same white noise problem. This does not occur with headphones, so I guess either Sony used bad quality speakers, which I doubt, or there's some software bug.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?
86 REPLIES 86
erik_svensson
Visitor

Either its a batch issue or a global issue. I hope itll be alright for you.
Nanashi
Visitor

Thanks Slightly_smiling_Face
erik_svensson
Visitor

Sigh.. Seems like z3 has the same issues. Think im done with sony now.. Going to look into other brands. This one was more obvious in headphones than the speakers though.
Nanashi
Visitor

This is really boring. I thought maybe is was because of the thinness of the device, the speakers may be bad, but if there's still a problem with headphones that can't be.
setka101
Visitor

Hi guys,

I'm new here, but still have a Xperia Z 2 Tablet and recently changed to the Xperia Z 4 Tablet LTE. And only read your comments yesterday and just played with both of them a bit with sound. It seems that the sound on the z4 is poorer quality then on z2, it's only speakers related on the headphones. Will keep testing it in coming days as I didn't had much time yet to play with it properly. But it seems to be true.

Nanashi
Visitor

That sounds pretty bad Slightly_frowning_Face it could be a very widespread problem. I'm going to receive my third z4 today or tomorrow, if this one is not OK I'll get a refund and look for another product. That's sad, I really loved the tablet, but the sound issue is unbearable for me.
Nanashi
Visitor

I've received my third tablet today and it has the same problem as the previous two. I've called the tech support and asked for a refund. That truely makes me sad, this tablet is really cool, but the sound issue can't be ignored when you pay €600 for a high-end device. €720 if you add the keyboard.

I don't know if the problem is related to the speakers themselves or if it is a firmware issue. I do hope for Sony that it's firmware-related, so it can be corrected in the future, because i like Sony and hope the best for this brand. The adventure continues... But without me Slightly_frowning_Face

erik_svensson
Visitor

I think its a hardware problem, maybe due to the thin size for the sony tablets. I was first thinking it could be the mic interfering but there is no easy way of disabling it.
I ended up buying a samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4 32 gb now for 260€, on sale now and it had about the same specs as the z3 but no buzzing sound, im so happy. And the QHD screen is nice. Only thing i dislike is the capacitive buttons and samsung UI.
Nanashi
Visitor

I'm glad for you Slightly_smiling_Face I'm considering to buy Samsung's Galaxy S 10.5 tablet with a keyboard cover. I'm not really fond of Samsung either, I don't like Touchwiz and I don't like the capacitive buttons either. But it's one of the best 10" tablets on the market right now.

erik_svensson
Visitor

Just beware for the amoled screens, they seem to have a burn in problem which scared me off from that Slightly_smiling_Face