Join now - be part of our community!

Double tap to zoom in chrome browser.

Limeybastard
Visitor

Double tap to zoom in chrome browser.

My question is not to be confused with triple tap to zoom with the android accessibility menus. On my other android device I can double tap an area within Chrome and it will zoom slightly in to make everything larger.  

Does anyone know what Im talking about?  This works on all Samsung devices. Was wondering if this option is specific to device or Android or both as it doesn't work with the Z4 tablet. I have to pinch to zoom on this device and enabling triple tap to zoom in accessibility works but it's not the same. thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
NeoBeum
Enthusiast

It works in Yandex and Firefox. I don't use Chrome, so I don't know what features it has

Didrik
Enthusiast

Hi @Limeybastard,

Welcome to the community!

As far as I can tell this generally works on images. It also seems to be website specific (I could not get it to work on every website I tried with).

However, if you Request desktop site it seems to work with double tapping to zoom on most websites. In order to request desktop sit, open a web page in Chrome > Tap the three dots > Request desktop site.

Do note that this will change the appearance of the web page as it will no longer be adapted to mobile devices, meaning it will be displayed in it's full mode.

Let me know if this helped!