Join now - be part of our community!

Bad quality sound with the speakers

Nanashi
Visitor

Bad quality sound with the speakers

Hello everyone,

I've been using the z4 tablet for some days and the sound of the front speakers seems to be pretty bad. There's always a white noise when any sound is played, whether it is a notification, a video or music.

I've had the first tablet exchanged but the second one has exactly the same white noise problem. This does not occur with headphones, so I guess either Sony used bad quality speakers, which I doubt, or there's some software bug.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?
86 REPLIES 86
Nanashi
Visitor

I'm sorry I don't know, I don't have it right now, the faulty one has been sent back to Sony and I'm waiting for a new one. But I tried to upgrade the firmware and it was the last build already.
erik_svensson
Visitor

No problem, I'm just glad I wasn't the only one having this. I found qa good reproduction case for the store tomorrow using spotify.. It's even worse than my white noise app. So much for crystal clear sound.

Nanashi
Visitor

Yeah... Bad quality sound is really disappointing on a high end product built by the company that created the Walkman...
Chri2k9
Visitor

Hello nanashi,

I´ve had the same buzzing on my Z4t. white, WIFI. In my case it appears in front speakers and the headphone.

I already replaced it with another one from my store, same issue again.

I still used PCC to factory reset - no  change.

Audio settings changed several times - nothing.

I notived in another forum, that we are not the only one´s with this issue and I already refund my order.

I will check back, when new Firmwares are available and if it is resolved.

As long as it isn´t resolved I don´t want to have such an expensive Tablet with those issues Slightly_frowning_Face

erik_svensson
Visitor

Managed to return mine as well under the seven day dead on arrival policy for the speakers, and the guy in the store tested it and came with the same conclusion.
Nanashi
Visitor

Looks like Sony has a real problem here.
erik_svensson
Visitor

Yeah, i found a guy on a second hand site in sweden who was selling it too, sent an email asking why he sold it so early and he said he had lots of issues including bad speakers (without me asking about that)
Nanashi
Visitor

That's pretty bad.
erik_svensson
Visitor

This was a huge gamble but i ordered the z3 compact tablet instead.was worried itll have the same issues but it doesnt seem like it. Will evaluate more but this feels more solid.

Nanashi
Visitor

I'll be sent a new z4, I hope this one won't have the same problem. If it has, I'll ask for a refund and I'll take another tablet. Which makes me sad because I really wanted this one.