Join now - be part of our community!

Bad quality sound with the speakers

Nanashi
Visitor

Bad quality sound with the speakers

Hello everyone,

I've been using the z4 tablet for some days and the sound of the front speakers seems to be pretty bad. There's always a white noise when any sound is played, whether it is a notification, a video or music.

I've had the first tablet exchanged but the second one has exactly the same white noise problem. This does not occur with headphones, so I guess either Sony used bad quality speakers, which I doubt, or there's some software bug.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?
86 REPLIES 86
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Nanashi

Keep us updated

Nanashi
Visitor

No problem

erik_svensson
Visitor

Yup same here. For a tablet with this price it has the speakers of an old radio. I'm moving from Sweden to new Zealand in a week and I really don't have time to deal with replacement or repairs.. And my dealer refused to take it back. 900 dollars down the drain for a busted tablet.

Nanashi
Visitor

Finally, I'm not the only one... Looks like a series default to me. Sony is sending me a replacement tablet for the second time... If this one is not OK, I think I'll ask for a refund.
Nanashi
Visitor

If that's a default, your dealer HAS to refund you. That's the law.
erik_svensson
Visitor

It's really annoying when watching a movie and the buzzing comes on and off. Depending on the sound frequency you can hear it more and less. And like you say, headphones seems to work. I'll go hunt tomorrow for more z4 in store and see if they suffer from it as well.

Nanashi
Visitor

I've experienced this problem with the tablet I bought and the tablet Sony sent me as a replacement... They told me they hadn't had this problem with anyone else yet but it looks like it was just a matter of time.
erik_svensson
Visitor

Yeah. I think people just might not care or doesn't notice it. Seems like z4 hasn't been rolled out in too many countries yet. Do you have WiFi or 4g? Black or white?

Nanashi
Visitor

I have a black Wi-Fi z4.
People may not care or notice it... But that would be weird. The sound is far from the clearsound+ one is hoping to hear. My phone has a better speaker!
erik_svensson
Visitor

I got white WiFi. Which build nr are you on? I'm on 28.0.A.4.8