Join now - be part of our community!

Wh-1000xm3 noise cancelling not what I expected

profile.country.GB.title
Jimlibob

Wh-1000xm3 noise cancelling not what I expected

Personally I think the NC on the Wh-1000xm3 I recently purchased is poor, I am currently on train can here the noise of the train, people chatting and the announcements. Not what I would expect that for nearly £300

27 REPLIES 27
profile.country.GB.title
Jimlibob

I have and I don't

profile.country.GB.title
Jimlibob

Should I be able to hear train announcements loud and clear? Or hear the clip on a rucksack clearly when fastening it when noise cancelling is activated? 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Jimlibob,

depends on your settings regarding the NC strength and if you have "Adaptive Sound Control" on.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Jimlibob

NC maximum and that is with adaptive on or off

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @Jimlibob,

my bad, I didn't notice I asked you the same last week and that the post has two pages already.

Maybe @Sonyvores knows what the issue 

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Jimlibob

Could it possibly be my headphones are faulty? 

profile.country.GB.title
Bayer.S
Explorer

I’m having the same complaints as the OP. I used to own the original series of this line (went faulty and Sony could only offer me xm3 replacement) and it feels like the build quality and noise cancelling both pale in comparison. 

None or the higher tones are cancelled out. You can hear every click, paper crinkle and high pitch noise and it’s incredibly frustrating as I used to love this series. 

profile.country.GB.title
Jimlibob

Sony's response to me has just been. 'Some noise will still get through' 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

@Jimlibob  schrieb:

Sony's response to me has just been. 'Some noise will still get through' 

Which in itself is a true statement. Every sound conducted by your bones/flesh will still reach the inner part of your ear, even if the headphones cancel out the sound entering your auditory canal. 

The thing is, without trying YOUR particular set of headphones, it is hard to judge for me (or anyone else on this community) if the amount of sound which still "gets trough" is normal or out of the ordinary.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Jimlibob

With NC active. The following gets thru

Public Address system announcements

Jangling of keys

Clicking of bag clasps

Clicking of fingers 

That's just 4