Join now - be part of our community!

CDX-DAB700U car stereo - ipod question

profile.country.en_GB.title
comics123
Visitor

CDX-DAB700U car stereo - ipod question

I cannot use any ipod controls when it is attached to the car stereo. The manual says 'during playback, press and hold MODE. MODE IPOD appears and you will be able to operate the ipod directly'. MODE IPOD lights up on the screen, but i still cannot use any ipod controls. So to look for anything, I have to switch off and disconnect, search and then reconnect. Any way around this?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi comics123,

A couple of things occur to me that might be worth trying.

A daft one to start with, but might be worth checking (it's caught me out before now!).  Some iPods have a little slider switch on them to lock the controls (so that you don't operate any buttons by accident if the iPod's in a pocket or a bag etc), so a quick look to see if this is on is worthwhile.

Secondly, are you using the optional accessory to connect your iPod to the car stereo?  If not, that might be the problem as the manual recommends using a Sony USB lead called RC-100IP.

(Finally, the manual does also say that the passenger control function you're talking about here doesn't work with iPod with video or with the 1st generation nano, so hopefully this doesn't apply to you!)

Hope this helps?