Join now - be part of our community!

Vista Upgrade was cancelled by Moduslink

Meld51
Visitor

Vista Upgrade was cancelled by Moduslink

After having waited for over 5 months to receive my Vista Express Upgrade from Moduslink, they cancelled my order without warning.
Here is a short history:

1. Jan. Ordered the upgrade via the SONY website, which redirects you to Moduslink. Their website was extremely cranky and it took several times to place the order.

2. You are told that the upgrades will be sent at the end of March.

3. After the end of March phoned Moduslink twice and both times was assured all was well

4. April. Received an email to say that the order would be cancelled in 2 days because the credit card reservation had expired (due to their own tardiness)

5. Same day. Went to website to find that the order was already cancelled.

6. Next day. Phoned them and was told that I had to reorder!

7. Went to website to find that SONY customers can no longer re-order

8. Phoned SONY helpline. Got job number and was told they would escalate the problem and would call me back in 2 days.

9. 3 days later. No call back. Rang them and they said they would chase and call me back in a week.

10 1 week later. No call back so I phoned them. Asked me to wait another week. I refused. Got the supervisor who was helpful. Chased without success but called me back in a couple of hours. (A little victory!)Promised to chase again and call me back today.

11. No call back......

SONY! Listen! This is not a good way to treat your customers. Now I have had all the excuses about it being a deal between Microsoft and Moduslink, but you were very keen, no doubt, to publicise the Vista Upgrade on your website in order to sell more machines in the dog days just before Vista came out! You have a resposibility to correct this state of affairs. I bought the VAIO on the basis that I could Vista it for free.

Does any of this sound familiar to any readers?

78 REPLIES 78
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks Thalamus...appreciated

You're welcome.. :slight_smile:

Meld51
Visitor

Things have moved on probably due to a prod from Thalamus.

I had a lengthy discussion from a chap in SONY Brussels. Lots of apologies and a further promise to sort this problem out...which strangely...I believe! He had been in touch once more with Moduslink but without a clear response from them as usual. However, I must now say that I feel I now have a few people trying hard to solve this issue (Mr X in Brussels, Thalamus, and Blencogo...thanks everyone!)

I feel we are rounding up on Moduslink...but their total incompetence makes be nervous.

Let's see what happens next....we still need a solution!

a7med_360
Visitor

:thinking: i called two weeks ago the said i will receive it in a few days and still havent.......................seriously will i ever receive my vista copy :cry: :slight_frown:

Meld51
Visitor

Yet more is happening....I have just received a call from Moduslink no less...to say that the product was shipped in April. Of course because of their incompetence they didn't realise that they were looking at another order I had with them for a Toshiba upgrade.

The person has now had the benefit of my knowledge and promises to re-examine the case and call me back.

This is a major milestone: the first time that Moduslink has acknowledged that there may be a slight problem here...and it is down to SONY pressure. Well done, though we are not there yet!

Come on folks, let's make this happen!

Waqz
Visitor

There have been alot of people saying there Vista has not arrived.
I have received mine about 2 weeks ago. Dont know why you dont have yours. But it did take a long time. They should of made it simple. Like you got avoucher with yor laptop and you go to a pc shop and exchange it for Vista. Would of been alot simple.

a7med_360
Visitor

wouldnt be easier now just to go buy it...........but i want my vista copy from sony now because there just annoying and its the principle what counts which is satisfying your customerssss........wouldnt it be easier for them to mass produce the drivers and give it out to registered sony users and we just buy the vista upgrade

Meld51
Visitor

Wo-hoo
I do believe we are on the last lap.

Two more phone calls from Moduslink and they have re-instated my order!!!

They have pushed it through and it appears that it will be dispatched tomorrow; delivery in about 2 weeks Apeldoorn to UK.

I guess that the SONY people caused this to happen.

Good on 'em.

I presume that all I have to do now is wait...

I will post when something happens.

Actually, it's good to receive phone calls rather than instigating them. You should see my phone bill this month.

a7med_360
Visitor

Can you give me the numbers you called :tongue: plzzzz

Meld51
Visitor

Hello a7med, I just called the SONY technical helpline on here. I had to keep on at them though. However this seems to be an elevated issue now, probably because of this thread

It is important to post a single message there with as much detail as you can, include your technical support job number.

I appears that SONY keep watching that thread and they will elevate your problem in Moduslink if you are in the upgrade trap.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Wo-hoo
I do believe we are on the last lap.

Two more phone calls from Moduslink and they have re-instated my order!!!

They have pushed it through and it appears that it will be dispatched tomorrow; delivery in about 2 weeks Apeldoorn to UK.

That's excellent news Meld... :slight_smile: