Join now - be part of our community!

Vista Upgrade was cancelled by Moduslink

Meld51
Visitor

Vista Upgrade was cancelled by Moduslink

After having waited for over 5 months to receive my Vista Express Upgrade from Moduslink, they cancelled my order without warning.
Here is a short history:

1. Jan. Ordered the upgrade via the SONY website, which redirects you to Moduslink. Their website was extremely cranky and it took several times to place the order.

2. You are told that the upgrades will be sent at the end of March.

3. After the end of March phoned Moduslink twice and both times was assured all was well

4. April. Received an email to say that the order would be cancelled in 2 days because the credit card reservation had expired (due to their own tardiness)

5. Same day. Went to website to find that the order was already cancelled.

6. Next day. Phoned them and was told that I had to reorder!

7. Went to website to find that SONY customers can no longer re-order

8. Phoned SONY helpline. Got job number and was told they would escalate the problem and would call me back in 2 days.

9. 3 days later. No call back. Rang them and they said they would chase and call me back in a week.

10 1 week later. No call back so I phoned them. Asked me to wait another week. I refused. Got the supervisor who was helpful. Chased without success but called me back in a couple of hours. (A little victory!)Promised to chase again and call me back today.

11. No call back......

SONY! Listen! This is not a good way to treat your customers. Now I have had all the excuses about it being a deal between Microsoft and Moduslink, but you were very keen, no doubt, to publicise the Vista Upgrade on your website in order to sell more machines in the dog days just before Vista came out! You have a resposibility to correct this state of affairs. I bought the VAIO on the basis that I could Vista it for free.

Does any of this sound familiar to any readers?

78 REPLIES 78
Waqz
Visitor

Whole idea of offering free vista was probably for more customers....
Which has worked......
But theres alot of unhappy customers...
I hope mine arrives in a week like it should....
And I hope all your problems with Vista are sorted...

serul
Visitor

I received my Vista CDs. I upgraded my xp, after one month usage, back to xp. Too much incompatiblity with programs and hardware.(Non Sony).

thephongh
Visitor

Hi,

I'm in the same situation with you: been wating for Windows Vista since 5 months! (Payment already sent :devil: ).

I've lost all my hope!

So guys, dl a Vista retail copy from any site and test it! You will want to return to XP as soon as possible! :smileygrin:

Ivens77
Visitor

Hi,
I've just received yesterday Windows Vista upgrade after five month of waiting.
I only hope that it will work well in my computer system.
Strange but I was writing from Italy and Moduslink has always provided me an answer in two days, not more...
anyway I was thinking about this long transit time for receiving software...
I don't know...

Bye

Simon

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

A lot of promises and not much action, frustrating. Thank god I didn't have to ask Moduslink for it.

Meld51
Visitor

Oooh!

Things are looking up. Had a call from a Sony call centre superviser guy, who has managed to get through to Moduslink on the other side...in the twilight zone. He tried to get them to release a copy of the upgrade disks.....they could not do this on the spot. They will have another conversation tomorrow...

I wait with bated breath!

Meld51
Visitor

Chased them again today....still no response...

Meld51
Visitor

Irritatingly I just had this email from Moduslink (they make my blood boil):
Thank you for contacting the Microsoft Upgrade Program Customer Service.

We apologize for any problems with your order. We also regret to inform you that there was a problem processing your payment and your order was cancelled. Since May 11th the Upgrade period has expired and you no longer qualify to Upgrade to Windows Vista through this Upgrade program.

If you have other questions please email us at: mstupvistaemea_cq@moduslink.com

Kind Regards,
Microsoft Upgrade Program Customer Service

Address :
Technical Upgrade Program Vista
P.O. Box 252
7300 AG Apeldoorn
The Netherlands

Web site : http://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/
E-Mail : Europe : MSTUPVISTAEMEA@moduslink.com

Reference Control #:xxxx

Waqz
Visitor

I've received my vista on Saturday. Only problem its made my laptop very slow.

mediamark
Visitor

I received my copy after 15 weeks of hassle.
Now i've installed it, i'm not sure it was worth the grief!

It seems slow and unstable to me. I had to re-format after 3 days as it came up with errors, wiped my desktop and program folders.

I still haven't been billied for it yet!