Join now - be part of our community!

DPF-V1000 - Pink Screen

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Kags15
New

DPF-V1000 - Pink Screen

I've had this photo frame for a couple of years and the screen has had a pink tint to it over the last few weeks. Has anybody else had the problem or has anybody got an idea of what to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Kags15 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

This pink tint can be a common issue with any device that has a flat screen. As far as I am aware, it is caused be a failing component within the screen casing and when getting a repair by an official route, it can often cost more than buying a new camera. The only thing that I can really suggest is running your finger around the edge of the screen to make sure that all surfaces are in contact with the frame, and that there are no gaps or foreign objects stuck inside.

If this doesn't show anything, it may be uneconomical to repair it. If you would like to find out the costs involved, Sony can be contacted using the details on this page:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/dime

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Kags15 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

This pink tint can be a common issue with any device that has a flat screen. As far as I am aware, it is caused be a failing component within the screen casing and when getting a repair by an official route, it can often cost more than buying a new camera. The only thing that I can really suggest is running your finger around the edge of the screen to make sure that all surfaces are in contact with the frame, and that there are no gaps or foreign objects stuck inside.

If this doesn't show anything, it may be uneconomical to repair it. If you would like to find out the costs involved, Sony can be contacted using the details on this page:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/dime

Thanks,

Simon

Kags15
New

Many thanks for the reply. The screen has gone totally blank now so I think that's the end of it. It's a shame really as it's put me off buying another one as it only lasted a couple aof years.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, it is a common feature of any piece of electronic equipment now that it will only be guaranteed for 12 months. However, many stores do offer a service with small consumer electronics where an extended guarantee can be purchased for an additional fee. It does get a bit mad sometimes when a large store offers me a five year warranty on a £9.99 toaster but there are many occasions where this should be considered :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Simon