Join now - be part of our community!

SGP-771 Dialer

doc_mike
Visitor

SGP-771 Dialer

Is there a list of coutries  that didn't remove the dialer from the Z4 Tablet. I'd like one that still has the dialer. Or better yet can I reinstall the dialer without rooting the tablet.

Thanks, 

Mike 

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

as far i am aware the dialer is only available on the wifi + lte version of the tab, which is Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet LTE SGP771

the other one is Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet SGP712 which the wifi only version

doc_mike
Visitor

Yes this is the version I am talking about, some countires have disabled the dialer.  Does anyone have one where the installed dialer has not been disabled and what country was the tablet intended for? I am not talking about after market updates or VOIP. 

Thanks

Trinitron
Visitor

I asked this question a while ago, no one could give a solid answer not just on here but other forums also. 

The HK customization model works 😉

doc_mike
Visitor

This is the second tablet I bought and the first one had the dialer and I think it came from Hong Kong. 

Thanks for confirming this for me!

Trinitron
Visitor

Can you post which customization version you have that does not have the dialer and the customization version you have which does. Cheers

doc_mike
Visitor

I currently have the South Korea version and it does not have the dialer.

I had a Hong Kong version which included the dialer.

The only way I have found to really know which you are getting is to check the country of origin with the seller. 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

It has been answered before that by flashing the firmware of a dialler enabled locality, you get the dialler back. The dialler is not removed at a hardware level, only software.
Trinitron
Visitor

So effectively one could buy the USA version.