Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia z4 Tablet suddenly not connecting to PC anymore

uberGeek
Visitor

Xperia z4 Tablet suddenly not connecting to PC anymore

This weekend I tried running an App I've programmed on the z4 in Developer-Mode.

Everything worked just fine and I'm very satisfied with the tablet in general.

Over the weekend the tablet always connected instantly to my Windows 10 Laptop and running the App from AndroidStudio worked just fine. I've also never had any connection problems prior to the last weekend.

This afternoon I wanted to run a newer version of my App on the tablet, but all of a sudden the z4 didn't connect anymore.

No indication of a connection (not on tablet side, nor on laptop), also no indication of charging. - Although the charging icon quickly pops up before vanishing again, once plugged into my laptop.

Also, it's not possible that my App caused all of this, I barely know how to do a HelloWorld-App by now. xD

Hope someone can help since the tablet really helped me for AppDevelopement, since I really love the tablet in general and I don't want to send it in again if not neccessarry.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@uberGeek

I'm a bit confused, are you saying that you need your tablet connected to a laptop to get an app update? can you test your device in Safemode

CameronT
Champion

Hi @uberGeek,

Welcome to the community.

Have you tried another USB cable? Can your tablet charge via the wall charger?

NeoBeum
Enthusiast

@uberGeek wrote:

Over the weekend the tablet always connected instantly to my Windows 10 Laptop and running the App from AndroidStudio worked just fine

Did Windows 10 do a silent update?

Are you running 10240, 10586 or 14393?

uberGeek
Visitor

Thanks for the warm welcome 😛

Well that's embaressing Flushed_Face Face_with_rolling_Eyes

Yeah I tried another USB cable just now and also the same problem.

When I plugged in the flsh Icon on the battery logo quickly appeared and then vanished agan, also the Notification light was green for like 0.5 sec - but strangly enough only on one of my laptops' USB-ports, the rest of wich didn't provoke any response on the tablet (accept for a shourt fibration).

Also I treid the wallplug before bed yesterday and it worked just fine.

I also tried restarting the tablet and turning the Developer-options off and back on. Nothing seemed to work for me yeasterday.

I was so confused, since it only just worked a day ago and my phone was able to connect with the same cable just fine.

Since I already had charging isshues before (and I had to send my tablet in), I suspected something like that before trying the wallplug.

Conclusion:

Running out of things to try I just turned off Developer-options and restarted like that. Now everything works fine again. All cabels, all ports, all fine again.

No idea why or how but I'm glad it's fine again.

Sorry for bothering all of you and thanks to everyone who tried to help 🙂

Partha1b
Visitor

Glad it worked out for you. I don't have developer's options (at least I don't think I have ever enabled it on my Z4 tablet) and so that didn't help.

I cannot connect my Z4 to my Mac or PC. The tablet says it's charging but Android File transfer says "connect an Android Device" and Xperia Companion says "Connect an Xperia device".

No, "safe mode" does not do anything to connect my tablet to my PC and Mac.

Yes, the cable works fine with my Nexus phone.

CameronT
Champion

@uberGeek,

That's strange but I am glad it is working for you. Slightly_smiling_Face

@Partha1b,

Can you please try restart your computer with your phone connected and unlocked, then run Xperia Companion and see if it does the same thing?

Partha1b
Visitor

@CameronT wrote:

@uberGeek,

That's strange but I am glad it is working for you. Slightly_smiling_Face

@Partha1b,

Can you please try restart your computer with your phone connected and unlocked, then run Xperia Companion and see if it does the same thing?

Yes, there is no change. the tablet is not recognized at all. Xperia Companion keeps asking me to connect my tablet.

CameronT
Champion

@Partha1b,

Try other cables and other USB ports in your computer.

Partha1b
Visitor

@CameronT wrote:

@Partha1b,

Try other cables and other USB ports in your computer.

Sorry, no change. Slightly_frowning_Face