Join now - be part of our community!

Bad quality sound with the speakers

Nanashi
Visitor

Bad quality sound with the speakers

Hello everyone,

I've been using the z4 tablet for some days and the sound of the front speakers seems to be pretty bad. There's always a white noise when any sound is played, whether it is a notification, a video or music.

I've had the first tablet exchanged but the second one has exactly the same white noise problem. This does not occur with headphones, so I guess either Sony used bad quality speakers, which I doubt, or there's some software bug.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?
86 REPLIES 86
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Nanashi

Uninstall PCC > restart the computer > install PCC > restar the PC > disable the firewall and/or antivirus > run PCC > try again 

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Nanashi
Visitor

Same problem with all security software disabled, unfortunately Slightly_frowning_Face
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Nanashi

could you try a different computer? if you are on windows 8 run PCC on compatibility mode.

Nanashi
Visitor

This is impossible unfortunately, this is my only Windows computer (running 7). My other devices aren't running Windows.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Nanashi

If you have a Mac you can use Bridge

Nanashi
Visitor

I don't have Crapple stuff, I run Linux computers, I only have one Windows computer for games 😕

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Nanashi

You can use WINE to run PCC on your linux computer. www.winehq.org

Nanashi
Visitor

Wine does not support USB if I remember well

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Umm, could you borrow a PC

Nanashi
Visitor

Not easily. I'll try to find someone with a Windows computer around me but almost all the people I know threw Windows away at least months ago...