Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000 XM3 noise canceling

profile.country.HR.title
mamarko98
New

WH-1000 XM3 noise canceling

Hi,

i just bought new pair of WH-1000 XM3. I think that noise canceling doesn't work as it should. When I turn noise canceling on, surrounding noise just becomes muffled (including human voice and sound for air conditioner). If I turn up music volume, surrounding noise disappears, but when I listen to podcast I can't remove surrounding noise.

Is that normal or is my pair broken?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @mamarko98,

from your description the sound you are still hearing is either the sound your body "tranfers" to your ears (a small amount, yet noticeable and in no way blockable by the headphones, since they only can control which sound enters your ear canal) OR you have set the "ambient sound" slider (it controls how "aggressive" the NC is) in the Headphones Connect app to a certain value, so the headphones don't block out all ambient sound.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
RobertGourlay
Explorer

Hi I have the same headphones and after se

profile.country.GB.title
RobertGourlay
Explorer

My NC headphones are terrible when NC is on I can still hear people talking, aeroplane engine noise glasses clinking etc. I sent mine to sony for repair or upgrade I and was told they were working fine but was also sent a report from a technician that stated that Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones do not cancel noise but only reduced it. So much for their flagship headphones

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @RobertGourlay,

sounds to me like you either you

A. have set up the headphones wrong in the headphones connect app.

B. are talking about the performance when playing no music at all.

C. your earcups are not sealing against your head properly (long hair/glasses/head shape the headphones are not designed for 😞  )

Can you verify that none of the three things I listed above is the case?

- Nic