Join now - be part of our community!

Walkman NWZ-E474 will not start up

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
moonraker244
Visitor

Walkman NWZ-E474 will not start up

I have a brand new Walkman NWZ-E474 and have charged it and loaded music into it using Windows Explorer OK. Now when I try to use it I press the home button and the home screen appears but there is a flashing yellow rectangle that says 'HOLD'. I hold the home button but it just switches off. Any ideas?

Message was edited by: moonraker244

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
moonraker244
Visitor

Hi there.

The answer is yes - the Walkman has a isolation switch on the side which you slide to turn off. The quick start up instructions did not really tell you what this switch did. Fortunately my wife was wise in the way of these things and switched it on and it is working perfectly with very good sound quality. Incidentally I could not open thje full instructions because my IE on Vista does not work properly and it wouldn't open in Firefox od Chrome.

In summary I've no need to return it

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bidsagogo
Visitor

Have you sorted out this problem?  I am having exactly the same experience with my brand new NWZ-B173 and was hoping you had found the solution - or it is a trip back to the shop for a refund? 

moonraker244
Visitor

Hi there.

The answer is yes - the Walkman has a isolation switch on the side which you slide to turn off. The quick start up instructions did not really tell you what this switch did. Fortunately my wife was wise in the way of these things and switched it on and it is working perfectly with very good sound quality. Incidentally I could not open thje full instructions because my IE on Vista does not work properly and it wouldn't open in Firefox od Chrome.

In summary I've no need to return it