Join now - be part of our community!

Connect Walkman to USB Media port in a car

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
DonkeyDog
Explorer

Connect Walkman to USB Media port in a car

I have a Walkman NWZ-E474 that I want to connect to the USB Media In port on my 2011 Seat Altea Car.

I tried the obvious using the USB cable supplied. It does not work. The cable is OK as it works with my computer.

Checked the Seat (VW Group) hand book, it says that to connect an Ipod (no mention of Sony, I wonder why?) you need a special lead: Ipod on one end to USB + 3.5mm Jack on the other. Got one of these but of course it will not fit Walkman.

What I want to achieve is what I would have got if I had bought an Ipod, Volume change, Track change, Folder change etc all from the steering wheel controls of my car.

Any one got any suggestions except buy an Ipod.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
DonkeyDog
Explorer

Looks like the USB port is not working. No response to Memory Stick, will not even charge my Blackberry. I take back all the bad thoughts I had about my Walkman. Seat can sort it out under Warranty.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi DonkeyDog,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Does the USB port work.?

Are you able to try loading some songs onto a USB stick & plugging that into the USB port.?

Do you have to select ext Media or something similar on your Seat radio in order to access the walkmans audio .?

Not able to offer much I'm afraid but it may be worth posting a similar question in the Seat owners forum , hopefully they may have come accross this before.?

profile.country.GB.title
DonkeyDog
Explorer

Looks like the USB port is not working. No response to Memory Stick, will not even charge my Blackberry. I take back all the bad thoughts I had about my Walkman. Seat can sort it out under Warranty.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Glad to know I was able to help identify the problem, hopefully once the USB port is fixed everything should be fine..