Join now - be part of our community!

Walkman NW-A45

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Torchy66
Explorer

Walkman NW-A45

Hi Newbie Here.

I have been using a Sony NWZ-E585 Walkman for years, using the Windows Media Centre (WMC) for adding new stuff quite happily - until the Walkman gave up the ghost.

I now have an NW-A45 Walkman

I reloaded all my music from the WMC and it all plays fine. The big problem for me is that none of the CD Cover Graphics transferred over with the files. I have put the Sony Music Centre for PC on my laptop thinking that would solve the issue, imported all the music from the WMC and reloaded to the A45 from scratch. Again, none of the graphics are showing.

Can someone advise a process of how I can retrieve the graphics please.

Many thanks in anticipation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
paramount7force
Explorer

This is a late reply I'm presuming you've already manually added artwork through Sony music center which is completely rubbish. 

There's an easier way to get all the artwork working and this way makes it almost completely universal across all devices.

Download Tagscanner, add your music, only add a few thousand at a time or your virtual memory will run out. once you've added your music to Tagscanner select them all then in the top right near the middle of Tagscanner it should show a little blank image box and next to it should say keep. while all the music is selected click on keep then change the size of the artworks to 600x600 and apply then while your music is still selected click on keep again then recompress and apply.

This will change all your artworks from progressive format to a uniform 600x600 basic format which will 100% work on the NW a45 but not just on that it's also very universal I've tried music artwork sorted like this on many devices and they have always shown up.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi Torchy66,

I found the following Guide for transferring Art images: https://bit.ly/2EoGlWq . You can also check the supported file formats on the same link.

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
Torchy66
Explorer

Hi Vanilla

Many thanks for your efforts in finding this info. Very useful.

Sometimes though, the Cover Art tab on the Properties box is greyed out. Any idea what causes this.

I have been reloading the music to try and overcome this, but it doesn't seem to work all the time.

I am loading all music in the MP3 format, so don't really understand why the application doesn't work consistently.

profile.country.GB.title
paramount7force
Explorer

This is a late reply I'm presuming you've already manually added artwork through Sony music center which is completely rubbish. 

There's an easier way to get all the artwork working and this way makes it almost completely universal across all devices.

Download Tagscanner, add your music, only add a few thousand at a time or your virtual memory will run out. once you've added your music to Tagscanner select them all then in the top right near the middle of Tagscanner it should show a little blank image box and next to it should say keep. while all the music is selected click on keep then change the size of the artworks to 600x600 and apply then while your music is still selected click on keep again then recompress and apply.

This will change all your artworks from progressive format to a uniform 600x600 basic format which will 100% work on the NW a45 but not just on that it's also very universal I've tried music artwork sorted like this on many devices and they have always shown up.

Cheers.