Join now - be part of our community!

nwz b163 mp3 walkman - volume too low

profile.country.de_DE.title
aovivo
Visitor

nwz b163 mp3 walkman - volume too low

Hello, i just bought the nwz b163 walkman - everything is ok - but the maximum volume (at 30) is too low... i used iPods with my Koss Porta Pro before - that sound was perfect for sports/ running...

i noticed in different forums that this is one of the major issues.. is there a firmware that could solve the problem??

thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_.title
andlong95
Visitor

Did you get any replies to this question? I have recently bought the same item and have the same problem. Any solutions would be gratefully received!

profile.country.de_DE.title
aovivo
Visitor

hello.

no i did not get any answer from sony or any forum..

i just had an information from a seller in japan, that claimed, that his version had no limitation.

the truth is hard, but its simple: some years ago the EU countries agreed to limit volumes of in-ear-players due to health precautions...

i just ordered the SAME player from overseas - and it has NO limitations. while you listen with full volume (30 points) to your songs with the EU version - around 19-21 (points) will do with the overseas version (US version works too),,, i asume that it saves battery/energy too...

i am very happy with this player - and it was worth paying customs/due and extra shipping (was about 20.- Euros more)

hope i could help!!

let me know if you need more information!

P.-