Join now - be part of our community!

MDR-RF970RK 120v adapter

profile.country.sr_YU.title
sikole
Visitor

MDR-RF970RK 120v adapter

Hi,

Few days ago I bought these RF970RK wireless headphones in US. Since I live in Europe, I thought that adapter is 100-240v. Sadly, it is 120v only and I realized that today. Probably the adapter burned out. Is there another sony european adapter that can be used together with this transmitter base?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
svadimr
Visitor

Hi, I did the same exactly mistake. Who thought the adaptar will be only 120V. In any case, I join to the question.

Thanks!

sikole
Visitor

Hi,

I just bought another adapter and headphones are working correctly.

Thanks!

svadimr
Visitor

Hey, where and what adapter is exactly did you bought? It will really help me.

Thank you.

sikole
Visitor

I bought it here in Montenegro. You just need a simple adapter with 200 mA or more. Try in some electronics store and pay attention to the socket pin that goes into the transmitter base, should be no problem to find it there, as well.

wmchikwanha
Visitor

Does the adaptor have a particular name/brand/number ie like Sony S1202S or any 200 mA adaptor will do.

Message was edited by: wmchikwanha

Can someone help: what can I use as a substitute for power adapter for Sony wireless headset mdr rf970rk from a usa company. American s1202s heated up and stopped working.

sikole
Visitor

I think any 200 mA adapter will do. As I said before, please make sure that socket pin is the same as on the original adapter. I found it easily in the same electronic store, it shouldn't be a problem elsewhere.