Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 7 upgrade on VGN-CR42s

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
johughes13
Visitor

Windows 7 upgrade on VGN-CR42s

Hi

I am consideringupgrading from vista to windows 7 on my VGN-CR42s, I cannot see this as supported on the Sony website.  Has anyone done this upgrade and was it successful?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi johughes13,

in that case you should be ok to upgrade to windows 7, if your Vaio came with Vista pre-installed then I wouldn't expect any problems..

However if you are concerned that something may go wrong and don't want to handle to pain of having to rebuild system then maybe have a look at something like Acronis True Image and use this to create and store a backup image, use the following link for more information on: Acronis True Image

Then depending on what you have created a backup of, you could restore your Vaio Operating system, applications, user settings, and all your personal data in the event of problems back to as it was when you created the image..:wink:

If you are considering purchasing Acronis Ture Image then check Amazon or similar as it's sometimes cheaper..:smileywink:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi johughes13,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

If you are planning on upgrading from Vista to windows 7 I suggest you first run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor, click to following link for more inforation: Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor

profile.country.en_GB.title
johughes13
Visitor

Thank you Thalamus,

I have already completed that, the spec of my Sony is fine and it says I can upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium or Ultimate (not sure why not Proffessional tho) but it also suggest I go to the Sony website for more information.....which I did, and could not find upgrade info for my model, so am just checking all avenues before I upgrade as I really can't handle to pain of having to rebuild should the upgrade go wrong.........:-(

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi johughes13,

in that case you should be ok to upgrade to windows 7, if your Vaio came with Vista pre-installed then I wouldn't expect any problems..

However if you are concerned that something may go wrong and don't want to handle to pain of having to rebuild system then maybe have a look at something like Acronis True Image and use this to create and store a backup image, use the following link for more information on: Acronis True Image

Then depending on what you have created a backup of, you could restore your Vaio Operating system, applications, user settings, and all your personal data in the event of problems back to as it was when you created the image..:wink:

If you are considering purchasing Acronis Ture Image then check Amazon or similar as it's sometimes cheaper..:smileywink: