Join now - be part of our community!

Docking Station for Sony VAIO

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
thearcan
New

Docking Station for Sony VAIO

I recently bought a Sony VAIO E series from the UK online store, but unfortunately it seems like sony does not manufacture docking stations for this particular model. Can anyone recommend a good universal docking station for laptops?

apologies if this question has already been posted, I used the search function but the most recent topics were from 2008 on the question - surely newer and better hardware must have been released since then?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sony do make a USB docking station - as do Kensington and Targus.  Check the features carefully as some of these do not seem to offer any better connectivity than the Vaio itself.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-VAIO-USB-Docking-Station/dp/B0034XNPPW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=129035638...

:thinking:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sony do make a USB docking station - as do Kensington and Targus.  Check the features carefully as some of these do not seem to offer any better connectivity than the Vaio itself.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-VAIO-USB-Docking-Station/dp/B0034XNPPW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=129035638...

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
thearcan
New

thank you very much for your help so far. I have such a USB docking station from my old VAIO but did not believe the models were compatible, especially after having read up on it several times? I will experiment now just to make sure! Will let you know if it works.

--

Edit:

After some thorough testing with connecting and disconnecting displays and harddrives etc it looks like Sony's USB dock does infact work on the E series.  Sorry to have bothered you, I firmly believed they would not be compatible. Thanks for your time!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That's great - thanks for the info.

:slight_smile: