Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DH540 has one second audio drop outs when playing smart tv Netflix 4k

profile.country.GB.title
96Mustang
New

STR-DH540 has one second audio drop outs when playing smart tv Netflix 4k

I have a Sony receiver listed below. I also have a new 4k sony smart tv XBR75X900F. I also have Netflix 4k App loaded on this smart TV. I use an HDMI 4k cable from my receiver to the ARC HDMI port on my TV. When I play a movie from the 4k Netflix App on my smart tv  through my receiver, I get intermittent one second audio drop outs throughout the movie. I have checked the settings in Netflix to make sure the content was available in 4k. I checked the audio/subtitle settings in netflix to make sure it was set to 5.1. The receiver recognizes the signal and displays Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital +. The video is perfect but the Audio has one second drop outs periodically. I read a ton of forums where people are offering a "Work around" by telling you to set the Netflix Audio to "Stereo (English)" which then automatically changes the receiver to display "PCM". This does help some but I still get random audio cut outs. Besides, i pay for 4k Tv, 4k reciever and 4k Netflix so why should I have to perform a "Work Around"? I see a lot of people complaing about this same issue all over the internet. Mostly people with Samsung TV's and the same Netflix issue. I have all Sony parts and still have this problem. If I play the Netflix from my PC through the HDMI port on my TV I DON'T have the Audio drop outs. So, there has to be a correlation between the receiver and the smart TV Netflix App. Is ther a PERMANENT fix for this problem? Thank you,

• STR-DH540
  • PS, I also notice the "DD" light on the front display of the receiver blinks at the same time the Audio cuts out.
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @96Mustang,

Welcome to the Sony Community! I think you would need to run some tests to find out what’s the culprit here. That shouldn’t be happening. See if any of the following makes a difference. 

1. Try to unplug all other devices connected to the Amp except the TV.

2. Try to route your ARC HDMI cable away from all other sort of cables. Undo any cable management you have done tying cables together on the ARC cable. 

3. Try turning off HDMI CEC Control both on the TV and Amp.

4. Try also to unplug other HDMI devices from the TV other than the ARC cable.

5. Try playing Netflix HDR titles and see if these trigger the issue more often or not.

Would also be great if you had other reliable HDMI cables at home. You never know, maybe there’s a fault with your cable due to weak EM shielding.

Keep us posted!

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
Slaturd
New

Hey. Did you find a fix for this issue? Many thanks