Join now - be part of our community!

Voice Control - Alexa and Google Assistant

profile.country.GB.title
TommyShazam
Explorer

Voice Control - Alexa and Google Assistant

Hi all,

I've just got a new AF9, its a great TV but just having had a baby I was looking forward to being able to control the TV using voice control while having my hands full!

When I first setup the TV it offered the option to use the built in mic for the 'Ok Google' command, and at first this worked and the orange mic light on the front of the screen was on.  After a couple of days though this has stopped working, and I can't find any options or settings to turn it back on - any ideas?

I've also tried setting up Alexa, but when I get to the stage of discovering the TV as a device within the Alexa app on my phone, it's nowhere to be found and the process grinds to a halt.  All my other devices are discoverable so I don't think there's a connectivity problem, and the the setup app on the TV seems to work fine up until that point.  Has anyone else seen this and managed to fix it?

Thanks!

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried a factory reset?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Iain_mack

I managed to connect Alexa to my TV using the app on my tablet I had to add a Sony skill to the Alexa app then it found the TV

I hope that helps