Join now - be part of our community!

Issues with BRAVIA KD49X8309C

profile.country.GB.title
IGGY1951
Explorer

Issues with BRAVIA KD49X8309C

I turned my TV on 4 hours ago and it went into update mode which in the past has taken 5-10 minutes (if that)

It is still processing and appears not to be getting anywhere.  It moves from the update screen (all multi-coloured moving images) which runs for 10 secs to 60 secs, turnes itself off (LED light "on" light disappears) and then turns itself back on and the SONY sign appears.  A few seconds later the update images appear again.

Looks to be in a constant loop.

Can anyone help?

Ian

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried a factory reset?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Rcecil88
Explorer

Hi I’m having the exact same issue! I’ve had this tv now two years and over the last week it’s been stuck in this mode of the android logo appearing,freezing and then the tv restarting. I’ve tried multiple hardware resets but still nothing. I’ve contacted Sony but still no further forward 😞

profile.country.GB.title
IGGY1951
Explorer

I could not carry out a factory reset as the TV would not respond to the remote of power off at the back - in a continual loop.

I contacted Sony and they emailed me a procedure - I guess like cntl/alt/delete on a computer - detailed below.  This worked on the 2nd attempt and effectively was a factory reset.  i then had to go through the set up as if a newly delivered TV

-Press and hold on the power button and the volume down button on the TV (not from remote)
-while you still holding the 2 buttons unplug the TV and wait for 5-7 seconds then plug it again.

For anyone with this problem, I hope this helps.  

I am actualy so disappointed with this TV- probably the worst electrical item I have ever purchased.

Ian

-when the LED became green you can let go of the 2 buttons and try to power the TV on.
profile.country.GB.title
Rcecil88
Explorer

Thanks Ian I will try that. I’m getting nowhere with Sony I hope I can get this fixed. A two year old tv and this happened,not impressed.

profile.country.GB.title
Rcecil88
Explorer

I tried this yesterday with no luck 😞 Has anyone any further suggestions or something else I could try? Really don’t want to have to buy a new TV!