Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD32W800

profile.country.IE.title
johntheo

Sony Bravia KD32W800

Bought one of these recently. it has a Freeview tuner, I also have a external Freesat box. I have my (rabbits ears) Antenna cable plugged into the TV socket and the Freesat box cable into the TV HDMI 1 socket, the Satellite cable is plugged into the Freesat box. Works fine as set up, I just select HDMI 1 for my Freesat stations and select Freeview Live TV which gives me the usual Irish channels, known as Saorview, after scanning in "Antenna" mode.                               

If I connect the Satellite cable into the TV port (with the antenna remaining in the TV socket and I change the TV tuner from antenna to satellite and do a scan on my usual Astra2 28.2E, to get all the free to air channels, I get the hundreds of Freeview channels but I lose all the Irish channels that I had via the antenna tuning (of the Freeview TV tuner). In other words, I only seem to either have the Satellite scanned channels OR the Antenna scanned channels, but not both. Can I have both the Satellite channels and the antenna channels available together without using a external box, like I have on my KDL32W5810, no external box required (and I have Freesat, even better than Freeview for me.). I have carried out a factory reset and scanned with both the Antenna and the Satellite cables plugged into the TV, but still can only get one or the other.

Specifications Of the Sony Bravia KD32W800

NUMBER OF TUNERS (TERRESTRIAL/CABLE)

1(Digital/Analog)

NUMBER OF TUNERS (SAT)

TV SYSTEM (ANALOG)

B/G,D/K,L

TUNER CHANNEL COVERAGE (ANALOG)

45.25MHz-863.25MHz(Depend on country/area selection)

TV SYSTEM (DIGITAL TERRESTRIAL)

DVB-T/T2

TUNER CHANNEL COVERAGE (DIGITAL TERRESTRIAL)

VHF/UHF(Depend on country selection)

TV SYSTEM (DIGITAL CABLE)

DVB-C

TUNER CHANNEL COVERAGE (DIGITAL CABLE)

VHF/UHF/cable, Depend on country selection

TV SYSTEM (DIGITAL SAT)

DVB-S/S2

TUNER CHANNEL COVERAGE (DIGITAL SAT)

Intermediate Frequency 950-2150MHz

CI+

Yes

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.IE.title
johntheo

That's it, although the interactive channels while tuned to satellite might suggest Freesat is about somewhere, no use to me anyhow, even if available as I can't then have Saorview, but no problems as I have the Freesat box.

johntheo_0-1692969062014.png

profile.country.IE.title
johntheo

Success at last.

After scanning with both Satellite and Antenna you then go to,   Settings, then Channel, then Channel Installation Mode, you the just select from the three choices of;  Antenna, Cable or Satellite whichever source you require, in my case either Antenna (for saorview) or Satellite (for Free to Air).

Skyegirl
Explorer

I have, i think this same problem. I purchased the KD32W800 for the built in Freeview Play but connected to satellite i cannot get what i call the 'terrestial' channels.  Meaning i can get the freeview play digital ones via the satellite but not the usual BBC1,2,3 ITV etc.

Unfortunately i am completely confused and since i live in a rural / remote area satellite is the only decent signal.  

so now i think i need to buy a Freesat box and that will give me everything?  I'm hoping that means the ordinary channels and the apps for my iPlayer and Amazon ??

Is this the same issue so if i can understand the thread i would need to do the same things??

thanks 

Skyegirl
Explorer

Sorry i htink my last reply / message is called cross posting so i'll start from the beginning - apologies. 

profile.country.IE.title
johntheo

Have a look at Sony Bravia KD-32W800, note the -, there are two ilmost identically named threads on here. My replies are in that thread.