Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD-32W800

Skyegirl
Explorer

Sony Bravia KD-32W800

I have just purchased the KD32W800 for the built in Freeview Play but connected to satellite i cannot get what i call the 'terrestial' channels.  Meaning i can get the freeview play digital ones via the satellite but not the usual BBC1,2,3 ITV etc. So i cannot watch anything in real time. 

Unfortunately i am completely confused and since i live in a rural / remote area satellite is the only decent signal.   I h ave done channel scans 0 a few times and i finds channels then says content scrambled. I'm using a Sky satellite Astra2.28E i think its called. 

so now i think i need to buy a Freesat box and that will give me everything?  I'm hoping that means the ordinary channels and the apps for my iPlayer and Amazon ?? All in one place as its a real struggle to get connections in and out let alone be sure i have anything in the right place. 

Is this the same issue as another thread then maybe i would need to do the same things?? Though it does mean buying another box to use. 

Can anyone explain the answer in very simple terms (sorry, getting old and its first time in my life i've done these things myself). Thanks. 

thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IE.title
johntheo

Can't comment on your SKY dish, I just have a dish and I did the satellite scan on satellite 28.2E, I receive hundreds of channels, a lot are scrambled but do receive BBC, ITV, channel 4 etc unscrambled, I will have a look later when at home.

I already had a Freesat box (a basic Manhattan), if you do decide to buy a Freesat box, then plug the F connector from the satellite dish into the back of the box, connect the HDMI cable from the box into one of the TV HDMI sockets, then press the "right pointing" arrow (select) on the remote, this gives choices "Freeview Live TV", and 3x HDMI channels, select whichever one is highlighted (the one you plugged into), you now use the Freesat box remote to to do a scan, you need your or any post code, and thats it. Freesat is excellent, guide etc even on the basic Manhatten Box.

Don't know anything about Apps.

Hope this helps.

John.

profile.country.IE.title
johntheo

I had a look at my satellite channels, I have all the BBC and ITV ones plus a few more like channen 4 etc. If you press the + (in the navigtion button) in the middle of the remote you can see all the available ones, (assuming you have done the satellite scan), I have loads of scrambled Sky channels as well, of no use.