Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia google play not loading movies

profile.country.GB.title
DVSJEZ
Explorer

Sony Bravia google play not loading movies

Hello :slight_smile: 

my sony bravia will not play movie’s on google play.  The app opens and i can pay and sometimes watch trailers but when i try to watch the movie it tries to load then comes back to the google play app. 

Clearing cache etc does not work. 

the only solution i have found is to disable and uninstall the app. Which then automatically re loads the app at its base un updated state. The movie’s then work perfectly. But after a little bit as it updates Itself the issue will re happen. 

so everyday to watch a movie i need to uninstall the app. 

is there a solution to this? 

the tv has been recently updated but this issue has been happening long before this. Netflix etc all works perfectly. 

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Can you let me know the model number of your TV?

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.AU.title
Gadzooks11
New

I have been having the same problem for a couple of months on a Bravia 65X9300D.  What I have noticed is that the problem only happens for movies with surround sound.  Movies with stereo sound play fine, as do trailers.  The update from Android 7 to Android 8 made no difference.

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

I don't have this issue on my XF

Do the same movies work in YouTube? (they should be in *my library")

Edit also suggest a soft reset by long press on the power button

profile.country.AU.title
Gadzooks11
New

Re: YouTube question - yes they play from YouTube but that is only in stereo.

Amazingly, it has just started working again after not working for 4 or 5 months!  The version of the Google Play Movies app is the same so not sure what has changed to suddenly fix the problem.

profile.country.GB.title
DVSJEZ
Explorer

KD-75X9400D

seems ok this week but will test it some more. Wonder if they did a new update 

profile.country.GB.title
DVSJEZ
Explorer

I have just noticed the same thing :slight_smile: 

BazzaHks
New

I use this feature almost every day and this week its now started to give me the same error when trying to use google play to watch movies. I have a Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005. Every time I try to play a film I get an error message. "There was an error." With a retry button. When you press the retry button nothing happens. As mentioned above if I uninstall the 'google play movie and tv' app and use the one supplied with the TV then I can watch the films. Looks like the latest app update has a bug on it stopping the app working on my TV. Every night the TV updates the app so every day I have to uninstall it after getting the same error. I have app version 4.25.5.10-tv installed which is the one giving me the error. 

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Yes have this problem myself as well now. "Uninstalling" removes updates so it works until the update is re applied

profile.country.GB.title
billmannin
New

I have had the same problem recently, the solution for me was to uninstall the update 10/02/21 for play movies, and open the app again after unchecking the auto-update all apps box.  I retried and it seems to certainly be the update dated 10/02/21 that is causing the problem.