Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C Software update crash 64%

profile.country.GB.title
grayhm63
Explorer

KD-49X8305C Software update crash 64%

Contacted Sony - all their attempts failed.

I tried installing the latest firmware update V2605 online through TV( I have 150Mb cable), also downloaded the firmware and put onto a USB(tried the two file method also).

Every time, via TV setting software update, the download crashes at 64%(states "An error occurred during the software update, . The update server in temporarily unavailable. Please try again later Error: 2123).

The usb( usb slot 1 and 2 tried) method also crashes out into reboot at about 64% too.

Downloaded the firmware numerous time.

Any ideas ?

129 REPLIES 129
jandecoy
Explorer

I would like to say thank you again for your help!

tolohan
Explorer

Hi. I am having the same issue with my KD-49X9305C update. I have tried several times via the LAN connection to the TV and it continually fails around 66%. I have also tried updating with the USB stick but again each attempt seems to restart the TV at around the 66% mark and when I check the version I see it has not been updated.

Can you please PM me the steps to update the software.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi tolohan

Sent you that PM with instructions.  Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Ralph53
Explorer

Hi I suggest you check your broadband download speed for being over 3mb When using USB stick download version in zipped format to your computer and check byte as in Sony help website. Then unzip on your computer then transfer to USB stick which has been reformatted before hand This always works for me
tolohan
Explorer

That worked for me. 

Thanks for the help. 

Hello, I'm having the same problem with my 49X8309C, what I should do, it stuck in 92% when trying to update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Would help if i click the right button to reply :slight_smile:

Ive sent you a PM with some instructions, pleaee let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Garsink
Explorer

Hello, I have the same issue with my 65x9305c, both internet and USB fail... Please help 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Garsink

I replied to your PM yesterday evening, please let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Garsink
Explorer

Hi, it wasn't easy, but finally it worked! Thank you, Quinnicus.