Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C Software update crash 64%

profile.country.GB.title
grayhm63
Explorer

KD-49X8305C Software update crash 64%

Contacted Sony - all their attempts failed.

I tried installing the latest firmware update V2605 online through TV( I have 150Mb cable), also downloaded the firmware and put onto a USB(tried the two file method also).

Every time, via TV setting software update, the download crashes at 64%(states "An error occurred during the software update, . The update server in temporarily unavailable. Please try again later Error: 2123).

The usb( usb slot 1 and 2 tried) method also crashes out into reboot at about 64% too.

Downloaded the firmware numerous time.

Any ideas ?

129 REPLIES 129
skagg2000
New

Same problem here.

Trying to update the firmware on a 55s8505 which is straight out of the box & it fails both using USB & OTA updates at around 51%. Not a great start Sony & i'm not impressed with the TV so far.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi both

I have sent you both a private message with some instructions.  Please let me know if this has fixed it. 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
grayhm63
Explorer

Unfortunately didn't work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi grayhm63

I have sent you another private message.  Its worked for skagg2000 above.  If it still doesnt work after that, i think its time to contact Sony Support.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
grayhm63
Explorer

It worked!

I was using two old usb2 sticks, one was an adapter for a micro usb, bought a new 16gb usb3 stick, and it all working.

Still would like to know why, I can't update online.

Thank you Quinnicus

mah_01
Explorer

Alos having a similar problem, please can you share the resolution

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mah_01

What model tv do you have?

Cheers

mah_01
Explorer

Hi @Anonymous

I have a KD-55X9305C, any help greatly appreciated

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mah_01 - I have sent you a Private Message.

Cheers