Join now - be part of our community!

I can't watch blu ray discs on my KD-55X8509C

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
keplyer
Explorer

I can't watch blu ray discs on my KD-55X8509C

Hi I recently purchased this KD-55X8509C and every thing was fine till christmas eve when I tried to play a blu ray disc using a BDP-S6500 player . I run all my source equipment through a Pioneer VSX-920 AV amp so I just have one HDMI lead plugged into the back of the tv in the number one HDMI socket. On trying to play the disc I just get a blank screen and a message saying no signal. when I stop the disc I do get the blu ray players home screen with apps and I can play a dvd with out any problem. I also own a Sony HX9/46 tv and have tried pluging the HDMI cable coming from the amp into this and the bul ray plays without a problem and the same result with a small tv I have for the kitchen. If I plug the blu ray directly into one of the HDMI socket on the KD-55X8509C the disc plays.

I have noticed that on the KD-55X8509C home screen where you can see the imputs there is no input for BD which was there before I had this problem. I have tried doing a factory data reset but the problem is still there. I don't what else to try I like the tv but don't like problems . I do believe there was an update for this tv on the 22nd and was wondering if this could have caused this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
keplyer
Explorer

Problem sorted having checked out other posts about problems people were having with bul ray and 3D play back I found someone went into External input settings scrolled down to HDMI signal format and found that HDMI 1 was set on Enhanced format so I changed that to Standard format and every thing is back to normal.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Does the amp play the sound from the BluRay disc when this is happening?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
keplyer
Explorer

No sound or vision . I forgot to say in my first post the software version is PKG2.645.0052EUB

keplyer
Explorer

I do believe the problem is with the new tv as I don't have the problem playing blu ray discs through the amp to my other tvs.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@keplyer wrote:

I do believe the problem is with the new tv as I don't have the problem playing blu ray discs through the amp to my other tvs.

Despite the fact that the BluRay player works perfectly when plugged directly into the TV, and that this is not a problem simply with the TV, in which case you would get sound from the AV amp, but no picture on the TV?

Try disconnecting the HDMI at the TV end, so the TV is right out of the loop. Do you get BluRay sound now?

In the same circumstances - as you said a DVD would play - do you get the DVD sound on the AV amp?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
keplyer
Explorer

Problem sorted having checked out other posts about problems people were having with bul ray and 3D play back I found someone went into External input settings scrolled down to HDMI signal format and found that HDMI 1 was set on Enhanced format so I changed that to Standard format and every thing is back to normal.

profile.country.AE.title
heapcooldudez
Explorer

I have the same issue and the same resolution does work for me.  But does this mean standard and not enhanced would still work for 4K and Dolby Vision contents on my A9F