Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware update to v6.5830 in ZD9 is not getting updated

profile.country.GB.title
apanveka

Firmware update to v6.5830 in ZD9 is not getting updated

A new Firmware updare  6.5830 is available which includes Android version 8 (Oreo) for ZD9.

I downloaded this version and tried to install manually through USB per the directions.

Once the USB is inserted, the TV realizes that there is a new version and begins the installation process. It goes for about 5 minutes with the installation progress bar moving along.

Then it reboots and it comes back with a message that says the "Your TV is connected to internet" and TV works normally. But there isn't any message about update successfull ot anything. 

As soon as TV starts, it recognises that new update is in the USB stick and here we go again. 

However, the update did not take and it still shows as its current software version.

I have tried different USB drives, formatted in FAT32, NTFS, exFAT and plug it in the different USB ports of the TV. It's always the same process and the same outcome.

Any help would be appreciated!

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

It's a nuisance but try resetting the TV to factory settings before trying the update again.

Even after the update a recovery would be suggested but it may not be necessary to update after restoring, usually the recovery solves minor problems introduced by the update itself.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
apanveka

I have tried what you suggested but no joy. 

Any suggestion guys?

Cheers 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

You could try formatting the USB via TV, then copying the update file again.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
apanveka

Unfortunately, after formatting using telly. Can't read the USB stick in Computer. 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Have you format for use the Disc like an HDD Rec?

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
apanveka

I don't remeber exactly. probably to use as an extrenal storage device.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Probably then what you did is correct, only that the memory must remain connected to the TV, or use it to watch movies and more or as an external memory for the TV.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
apanveka

Thanks for your help. 

Although issue hasn't been resolved yet. Lets wait if Sony is professional enough to make some comments.

Cheers 

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I apologize because I was running a discussion on the use of USB memory as an external memory for the TV, with your answer I got confused by answering my way about USB usage, but that's not your problem. I reread your initial message, I agree to wait for a response from Sony but if you still want to try updating it, first disconnect it from the Internet.

Manolo