Join now - be part of our community!

XF9005 Oreo

profile.country.GB.title
miscofi

XF9005 Oreo

I got my new TV shortly after the Oreo auto update was pulled, but as far as I can see there is no reason why I should not update via USB as I dont use a soundbar or other external sound system.

But I have two questions.

Previous experience showed that in previous Android versions, you could hold the 'Home' key to see which apps were currently open and switch between them. Under Oreo, that didn't work on my previous  XD9005 TV.

Any ideas how you switch between apps with the Oreo update ?

Previous versions had an on screen keyboard, but has Oreo got rid of that and are we forced to use the keyboard, touchpad via an Android phone connected via bluetooth to the TV ?

Any help appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

The prolonged pressure of the home button was needed to close the Apps to Google decided that Android TV in this new version could do without it.

The on-screen keyboard has not been deleted, is it possible that you have the receiver of a physical keyboard connected to one of the USB?

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
miscofi

Thanks.

yes i do have a usb Bluetooth receiver plugged in but it never affected the
previous version. But fair enough.
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Yes I know, but with Oreo the on-screen keyboard does not appear when it detects a device like the one connected. Strange that you need a Bluetooth receiver...

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
miscofi

Cool.
Thanks ill remove it