Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
frankie1g

From:community@eu.sony.com To: socialmedia.en@eu.sony.com Cc:  Sent: 24/11/2015 17:49:20 Subject: Re: [ABUSE] By: frankie1g / Board: Televisions (36298) (Sony Subscription Update) Hi EUSupport_EN,EUSupport_EN (Explorer) posted a new comment in EN Escalations on 24-11-2015 17:38:Re: [ABUSE] By: frankie1g / Board: Televisions (36298)

So when you comment and escalate a problem it's. Classed as abuse!!! Sent from my Samsung device

frankie1g

Sorry how do you turn on the hdr?  Sent from my Samsung device
xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

To turn on HDR on my KDX558509c Model, you press the "ACTION" Button on remote, scroll down to "PICTURE", Click on the Picture mode setting ( First on Menu ) and scroll all the way through the different modes like GAME/CINEMA etc and HDR should be right at the bottom.

I have only used the HDR mode on my PC, so I have no idea if the option is there for normal TV etc.

haribo411
Explorer

Has anyone else found that Amazon 4k (ultra HD) looks the same as standard HD? Netflix 4k looks amazing but Amazon just seems normal.

delwatson

Yes it is available at all times, If you select it while watching normal TV you will noticed a dramatic increase in colours etc so basically looks awful unless you are using it for the correct content where it looks thenominal, As mentioned earlier the picture quality especially gaming is brilliant just shame that when you want to utilise it with content like netflix its hit or miss if it works..

frankie1g

Ta I will look Sent from my Samsung device
DaM3k0n

I thought to experience the best in HDR (yet to be standardised) you need local dimming control and full array led panels, neither of which the x85 have

xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

Technically you are correct , you do need a FALD set for proper HDR, but personally, I wasn't prepared to shell out an extra £800 - 1,000.

markellis123
Explorer

Just spoke with them on the phone

She read the case file then mentioned how I'd already tried updating it. I told her I've tried it through the TV, through a USB, through copying the file onto the USB twice and renaming it and that since doing all that, a new version of the firmware update has been released so I've tried it all again. She said they'd need to escalate the issue. I told her that's what I was told at the end of an hour-long phone call a month ago. She said the escalators replied with 'has he renamed the file?' - I was told to do that on the phone, *before the issue was escalated in the first place*!!! This is unbearable. I just want my £1000 telly to work

frankie1g

so will that report you for abuse when they escalate