Join now - be part of our community!

Cashback

profile.country.GB.title
warrenla6
Explorer

Cashback

Hi I purchased A7 mk2 1st December 2018, waited the 30 days and applied online for the £300 cashback, had difficulties uploading photo’s but managed to upload camera serial no.etc then received claim Id and e mail to confirm. I rang to ask how I could send proof of purchase and was asked to reply to email and attach photo which I did on 7/01/19.

i emailed asking for update on 28/01/19 but did not get reply so phoned Sony and was told claim was waiting to be validated.  I phoned again on 11/02/19 and was told they thought there might be a problem with proof of purchase photo as it was blurry, strange because on my e mail it’s quite clear, however I have resent it but on checking on this forum it would appear that there are a number of dissatisfied customers and I am now getting concerned, can anyone help please

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
warrenla6
Explorer

I received an email from Sony in relation to my issue, said the claim had now been validated and to expect the money in our account within 28 days, the claim was paid the next day so very happy with outcome, Thankyou Sony community 

profile.country.GB.title
CarloSalt

How long did validation take ?

profile.country.GB.title
DenFalls
Explorer

I applied for mine 30 days after sale, that being the 19th of Jan 2019.

Money appeared in my bank account on Feb 24th.

Having read a lot of concerns on here, I was a bit worried, but it ended ok. The cashback update said the same..."your claim is being validated" for almost the entire time, money appeared a few days after it finally changed to "Accepted".

Hope that helps

profile.country.GB.title
Sceppen
Explorer

I have just applied for my cashback, but the page says £200 when the assistant said it would be £300 can anyone shed any light on this?