Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-S2XP won't run Photoshop CS

captainslocum
Visitor

VGN-S2XP won't run Photoshop CS

Hi, has anyone else tried to install Photshop CS on their S2XP? I get error 0xc0000005 when I try to run it. After several hours on the phone to Adobe they have no idea. Not an activation issue they say and blame the laptop! - but PS6 and 7 and all my other many apps work fine. Uninstalled and re-installed ad nauseum. Is this a processor issue? Let me know if you've had the same problem. Thanks. PS - lovely machine but won't run the one killer app I really need.

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sorry to hear that Nick...

Seems odd that it's affecting only SP2 slipstreamed editions like on the S2XP....

Wonder if Adobe have help for slipstreamed SP editions of Windows?

mutungi
Visitor

Calm down ...rest assured it does not appear to be a hardware-software conflict, not with SP2 already installed. Do you get any XP related "error" messages? If so, what exactly? If you have not sorted it by now, uninstall Photoshop and then restart the machine, disable the XP SP2 default security manager,close all back-ground applications eg Virus, firewall, LAN, Bluetooth, etc. and then reinstall Photoshop and it should install and run OK. Let us know how it goes:smileygrin: Good luck! There is much pleasure to be had from the VAIO!

captainslocum
Visitor

If only it were that simple mutungi!

I have uninstalled and re-installed in every way imaginable - with all device drivers disabled, all apps disabled , in safe mode etc etc. And so have all the countless other people who have posted their frustration and dismay to many other forums.

What I and a lot of other people have is a serious problem which is not being taken seriously by Sony.

Adobe have been suberb and have elevated the problem to the highest level. But Sony, as a post to another forum said, are in denial. They do not realise that this is THE hot topic on all the forums.

I have had two kafkaesque phone conversations with Sony support personnel where I have had my intelligence - and my person - insulted. (I was told at one point I wasn't listening - when in fact I was trying to get a word of sanity in edgeways through the endless corporate drivel).

One analyst told me that if I had a car and bought new tyres and one of them was faulty I wouldn't blame the car manufacturer. A totally falacious analogy of course - a better one is that when I came to buy new tyres I was told the wheels were so unusual I couldn't have Michelin, Pirelli or Dunlop tyres fitted.

Anyway, we don't need analogies. It is quite simple. Recent Sony Vaio laptops, alone in the industry as far as I can tell, will not install what is arguably the most important creative software in the world. And Sony don't care.

Things will always go wrong - it's how the mistakes are dealt with that counts. So far Sony, nil points.