Join now - be part of our community!

Limewire - Sp2??

Ligthart
Visitor

Limewire - Sp2??

Hello guys, i've got a problem.. I'm searching for a music share program. Kazaa is trash, Limewire is very good only on my new notebook the vgn-s2xp i've got Service pack 2 and Sp2 conflicts with Limewire.. I can not uninstall Sp2, so i'm looking for another music share program that's active in Holland, free, save and has got a good status..

Can someone please give me some advise:smileyblush:

Best regards,

Dave

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sorry you've come to the wrong place to know that LOL

TygerTyger
Visitor

p2p programs are wonderful things if you use them legally. I know downloading stuff you already own is a bit of a grey area but I've used it once or twice for that without too many pangs of guilt. After all I have shelled out the cash for it, so it's paid for. They must take into account boneheads who put a chair-leg down hard on a CD lol.

eDonkey is a good program, Google it. And have a very up-to-date virus checker when you use it.

DAZZA
Visitor
kee-lo_

They must take into account boneheads who put a chair-leg down hard on a CD lol.

ROFL

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Most, if not all, P2P clients are riddled with one form of Spyware or another. WinMx claims not to have any. You can get a copy here but be careful about using any sort of P2P service as I understand a number of people were arrested last month for illegal file sharing. The net is closing. (No pun intended)

kee-lo_

TR,

Actually WinMX is the best for not having spyware, though it has Cydor, which is pretty harmless.

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Agreed. Not heard of Cydor though. Is it Spyware?

kee-lo_

Not really...they are like researchers
http://www.cydoor.com/Cydoor/index2.html

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Ahh. I did a quick scan and search on my system but nothing came up. Maybe Spybot has already kiicked it out.