Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-S2XP won't run Photoshop CS

captainslocum
Visitor

VGN-S2XP won't run Photoshop CS

Hi, has anyone else tried to install Photshop CS on their S2XP? I get error 0xc0000005 when I try to run it. After several hours on the phone to Adobe they have no idea. Not an activation issue they say and blame the laptop! - but PS6 and 7 and all my other many apps work fine. Uninstalled and re-installed ad nauseum. Is this a processor issue? Let me know if you've had the same problem. Thanks. PS - lovely machine but won't run the one killer app I really need.

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

A lot of peope seem to be having troubles with Photoshop CS.
I wonder if it's to do with Sony's Elemts ?
Have you tried speaking to Sony?

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Just a thought here - have you tried installing Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 yet? If you have and you have enabled Microsoft's own firewall, then certain Adobe applications WILL FAIL TO RUN. This is because of a DPE fault with the applications.

This link HERE will explain the problem in full and how to resolve it.

If you haven't installed Service Pack 2, then as Kee-Lo suggested, contact Sony.

kee-lo_

I didn't know that James...

nickg
Visitor

I have exactly the same issue with exactly the same notebook (S2XP). I have highlighted it with Sony support - please see the thread under "Third Party Software" forum.

I suspect a driver / SP2 issue as Sony's supplied drivers are pretty old versions

I'm amazed Sony can bundle Photoshop CS as a subsidised upgrade offer with the notebook without having actually tested it first !!

Nick

kee-lo_

I'm amazed Sony can bundle Photoshop CS as a subsidised upgrade offer with the notebook without having actually tested it first !!

I agree it's poor practice

mutungi
Visitor

On my VGN-S1XP, first upgraded to XP Pro SP2 and then installed all the new software. The Photoshop CS Ver 8.0 runs without any problems, maybe try reinstalling the application...:smileywink:

Empiucci
Visitor

It´s worthless!!! Vaio dont measure up to me!!!
Something is incredible wrong when you can´t even run
common used programs as Adobe PS and Illustrator.. You guys from Sony who read this, please solv the problem and add it to this thread.. As you see we are a bunch of people who have this problem!! I have a Vaio B1XP with preinstalled Sp2.. I use my computer in my work everyday and I need to use Adobe programs.. Take this seriously and solve it!!! Convince me that I havn´t spend all this money on a computer who even can´t run Photoshop and Illustrator... If that's the case can you give me an option to get my money back? Or have Sony just ripped me off? I been a loyal customer to Sony for ages, all my electronics are Sony, and this problem have really surprised me.. I thought you guys where better than that.. Are you even testing the computers before you sell them? I guess this post sounds really whiny and I guess it is, but if you just can give me a solution I will be a happy customer again.. I´m tired of sitting in the phone with the support all day long to come to the conclusion that they don´t know whats the problem! But I need a solution and thats fast, so far I know I´m not alone.. so please take it seriously..

kee-lo_

Have you tried what mutungi said?

nickg
Visitor

The problem is that my operating system came bundled with SP2 - hence this is not an SP2 upgrade issue. Photoshop CS ran fine on my desktop pre SP2 and fine after SP2 - the issue is a driver / hardware problem with certain Sony laptops.

Re-installing CS any number of times and in any number of ways (safe mode, removing drivers etc) gets you nowhere - I have spent hours trying every perceivable permuation and combination. There is some hardware / XP compatability problem here

Nick