Join now - be part of our community!

MemoryStick Slot doesn't work

NorX_
Visitor

MemoryStick Slot doesn't work

Hi, today I got my VGN-S2XP and I tried all the time to get the MemoryStick work but it doesn't 😞

I tried with a 256MB MSpro from ScanDisc and a 128MB MS from Sony, every time it told me to insert a disc in the MS -slot... what's wrong with that? should I send the laptop to Sony?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

As it is so new I would just take it back to the retailer.

Also make sure there's no firmware on the website.

mutungi
Visitor

In Explorer, is there a drive letter ( E: or F:) allocated to the memory stick? Also, check under Device Manager to see if MS is allocated under removable drive, etc.

NorX_
Visitor

MS Slot is allocated as driver E: and in device manager there is no problems. Yes the slot is allocated but doesn't work, I think its a hardware problem like brocken pin or such thing... anyway I'll send it to my retailer back and let him fix it.

kee-lo_

Good idea.

Foxhound
Visitor

Hi,

Might be a stupid question but I had the same problem.
Did you pushed the stick all the way in untill you hear a "click"?
At the first time I had to push it in with a little gentle force. Just untill you can feel and hear the "click"
Else you might want to reinstall the driver.

Good luck.

NorX_
Visitor

Hi, today I've send my S2XP to my retailer, he told me that one of the pins was bended and he can not fix this problem by himself because the MemoryStick-Reader is strongly fixed on mainboard and can not be opend so the only way is send the laptop 2 Sony... this may takes 2 weeks... ;(

kee-lo_

They are quite speedy as some have said here

NorX_
Visitor

hope so...