Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FE21H Sound device

janduia
Visitor

VGN-FE21H Sound device

Hi I have a Vaio VGN FE 21H which is only 5 months old, however i am having trouble with the sound device. I keep losing the sound. It comes back after I reboot the sysytem, but is happening too much.
Whe I follow the troubleshooting advice, it doesn't help- it says no aduiso device, but the hardware all sems to be working properly. In additioon, the sound icon on the toolboor had disappeared.

Please can someone help me to sort out the problem.

Many thanks
J :slight_smile:

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi janduia and welcome to the forum.

Normally the audio drivers either work or not at all. I suggest that you initially try re-installing the Sigmatel audio drivers – fist uninstall the existing drivers by removing the device in ‘Device Manager’.

You will find the drivers on the Vaio-Link site under Drivers and Updates. Install the UAA High Definition Audio Class Driver first and then the audio driver.

If this has no effect you will need to look at third party software that you may have installed that is possibly causing a conflict with the drivers.

Also you could try the Microsoft KB888111 (Google) High Definition Audio Driver – again uninstall your existing drivers first.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat