Join now - be part of our community!

DVD playback

avkraaij
Visitor

DVD playback

I am having trouble with playing DVD's on my FE21B. When playing a movie there are 'hickups', the film does not play smooth. Also the sound is bad. This happens both with windvd, windows mediaplayer and media center, it makes no difference. Anyone has a solution to this? (A normal audio CD plays just fine)

Arthur.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Arthur and welcome to Club Vaio.

Have you updated the Video Driver recently to 8.4.7.3? There seems to be a problem with the latest version.

Have a look at this RECENT THREAD.

I would open a case with Vaio-Link support on this as it seems to be a driver issue.

Short term you could try reinstalling the original Video driver.

:wink:

avkraaij
Visitor

I suspect it was caused by the divx and vidx codecs I installed. The problem was also that I could not completely remove them. In the end I reinstalled the C-drive with the Vaio recovery tool. Now DVD playback works fine again. I use ffdshow now for divx and vidx encoded videos.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

DivX should not affect this, same for XviD

LEVELman
Visitor

I love club vaio- I am experiencing THE SAME problem with DVDs in every player... shame is that I have recovered whole pc 2 weeks ago and this problem appeared now . . . well this is last thing I ll make before sending laptop to a service. It is very annoying since I have bought brand new DVD , came home... wanted to watch ... and realized it cant be watched :slight_smile: