Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FS115B running very hot

harlews
Visitor

VGN-FS115B running very hot

hello everyone
i was wandering if anyone could help me with a problem im having with my VGN-FS115B it seems to be running a lot hotter than usual over the last few months for example if im using it on my lap i can feel the heat after about 10 mins or so and also i can feel the heat through the keyboard mainly in the top right hand corner of the keyboard this is under standard use ie browsing ect ,,i also do a lot of video converting ect and while im doing this it gets extremely hot i was thinking that maybe their is a problem with the internal fan ,i can hear the fan working faintly but if i remember rightly it used to be a lot louder
if anyone has any ideas or have come across a similar problem as this please reply
many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi harlews,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

To check the temperature of your vaio please download MobileMeter and please post back the CPU temperature recorded.

harlews
Visitor

hi
thankyou for the reply at this present time it seems to be running at 70c and ive only been browsing no video ect
hope this helps
thanks

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

That's very high, I would get some compressed air and clean out the vents

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi harlews,

As you possibly suspect, this is far too hot!

I suggest that you initially try cleaning the cooling vents with an ‘Air Duster’ (compressed air). You will be able to purchase this from a local PC shop or chain such as PC World.

Direct the compressed air at the cooling vents to the side/rear of your notebook at a distance of approx. 100mm – no closer or you may over rotate and damage the fan.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat