Join now - be part of our community!

Somethings wrong.... :(

bhutiani
Visitor

Somethings wrong.... :(

Hi,

Something is going wrong with my Vaio S2XP of late. Firstly it has become noticeably sluggish and this is just after I have restored the system and have few softwares added. Secondly, the screen has become dim. I know it sounds odd, but when I compare it to the S3VP it is definately very dim...and this is on full brightness on both, looking at the same screen!

Does anyone have any ideas or help they can offer me???

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
frannys
Visitor

A slowdown on your system is usually caused by junk software,Spyware,System security,Old drivers,Tasks running in the background.Disk needing a Defrag.Disk needing a Cleanup to get rid of Temp files and old software leftovers ect.You could look for more uptodate drivers for your Graphics,make sure the Screen is been run at the correct res and size.Have a look in your Power Management settings,change it to minimum.Are you running on a Battery or the Mains.Battery Power saving will dim your screen to conserve Battery Power.

bhutiani
Visitor

Thanks for the advice. I actually restored the system this morning and it is still running slow. The screen is also still dim, even running off mains power with Vaio Optimized or Power management off on the power selection criteria.

Any further advice??

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi bhutiani,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Have you checked what speed your processor is running at, it may be that your vaio is getting warm and the speed has been reduced..:smileyconfused:

You can download and run MobileMeter to check the temps etc..:smileyhappy:

bhutiani
Visitor

Hi, I have checked the speeds and everything seems to be ok....but the screen is still very dim...even on full brightness...any more ideas???

Thanks