Join now - be part of our community!

overheating K315B

bobbyrock
Visitor

overheating K315B

hi,

my vaio is having major heating problems. It boots up and it all runs fast and quiet. Then after 2 minutes the fan goes really loud and the side get's hot. the performance then drops massively to the point where a you tube video won't even play properly. Any tips/help?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi bobbyrock

To check the temperature of your vaio download and run MobileMeter it would appear from your post as though your Vaio is overheating and passive cooling is reducing the CPU speed to try and lower the temperature...

The cause could be a build up of dust, you could try cleaning the vents with a blast of compressed air..

If you download Mobilemeter, post back the temperatures recorded..

bobbyrock
Visitor

Thanks, I'll do this tonight!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: No problem... :slight_smile:

bobbyrock
Visitor

The temperature is constantly at 79 - 80 c with the Hdd at 39 c

That's bad isn't it 😞

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

That's bad isn't it 😞

Yes it is. :slight_frown: You need to initially try clearing the cooling vents with compressed air (you local PC shop will be able to supply this – probably as an 'air duster').

If that has no noticeable effect then a disassembly may be necessary to deep clean the fan and cooling vents.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
bobbyrock
Visitor

Ok I'll try it. Any tips on disasembling jonny 5?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Unfortunately I have no links to disassembly instructions for the K series. These are available on eBay but it will of course cost. I suggest that you try the air duster and post a further thread requesting disassembly instructions if you still have problems.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat