Join now - be part of our community!

Installed XP Pro SP2 on FE11M and PROBLEMS -->

scobiej
Visitor

Installed XP Pro SP2 on FE11M and PROBLEMS -->

Now, when my Laptop boots I get the found new hardware wizard appearing asking for drivers for the following:

'Mass Storage Controller' and 'UGX'

I have tried all drivers from website that claim to be for Windows XP, none of them are accepted.

Has anyone had this problem?

Also, since installing XP Pro my memory stick due does not read cards when they are inserted, really frustrating and may be related to the drivers I require.

Many thanks

John

4 REPLIES 4
blackhiero
Visitor

on vaio link you will be able to download preinstalled drivers, and utilies, down them, and install the sufficient ones, memory stick and so on...

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi John and welcome to Club Vaio.

The UGX device is, I think, the Bluetooth USB Controller (ALPS/UGX UGPZ6XC02A).

First create a system restore point then try updating the driver and select the option to “install from a list or specific location”.

Next choose “Don’t search. I will choose the driver to install.”

Hopefully the following list will include Bluetooth USB Controller (ALPS/UGX UGPZ6XC02A – select this and proceed with the installation.

If not select Have Disk and browse to the location of your Sony drivers directory. In the pre-installed Sony driver download it is located in Bluetooth\Windows\inf.

I am not sure about the Mass Storage controller but try right clicking this and select properties > Details tab. What is the reference under Device Instance Id?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
LFCFan
Visitor

I am not sure about the Mass Storage controller but try right clicking this and select properties > Details tab. What is the reference under Device Instance Id?

Would the Mass Storage Controller not be for the Memory Card reader and therefore the reason his Memory Stick Duo reader isn't working correctly?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Would the Mass Storage Controller not be for the Memory Card reader and therefore the reason his Memory Stick Duo reader isn't working correctly?

Possibly, but as “mass storage controller” can relate to a number of devices I asked John to confirm the Device Instance Id to be certain. As the original post is approx 4 months old and John has not responded I guess we will never know....

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat