Join now - be part of our community!

Games On VGN-FS515H ?

Jonny_D_1987
Visitor

Games On VGN-FS515H ?

hey guys, this is problaby a stupid question, but a member of my family wants to know is my laptop (VGN-FS515H) can play games, specs are here:

http://vaio.sony-europe.com/view/View.action?section=Products_ITE&productcategory=%2FComputing%2FVAI...

the graphics is:

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 with up to 128MB Dynamic Video Memory shared with Main Memory

would this run games like "age of empires 3" or "battlefield 2 & battlefield 2142"?

thanxs alot guys 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

I ould guess that your notebook would struggle with these. Your best bet is to check what the game makers recommend.

Integrated graphics are generally poor for running games . . . .

thu2000
Visitor

Hi there 🙂

I have an FS515B, which is basically the same notebook as yours, except the B has more RAM (1024 MB).

I remember installing an Age of Empires III Demo once and it ran okay, albeit at reduced graphics detail settings and, I believe, 800x600 (not sure about the resolution, might have even been 1024x768). I think I got around 25 - 30 fps out of it, IIRC.

I also believe I briefly tried Battlefield 2 once, which ran well, too. I THINK it was BF 2..... I´m a litle confused as to how many BF games/versions/sequels are out here... :slight_smile:

The main problem I see with your machine is that it only has 512 MB RAM, and it´s probably only 1 x 512 MB RAM. If that is so, the RAM would only run at half the speed that it runs with 2 x 512 MB RAM (or 2 x 256 MB RAM). This would considerably hamper the performance of the GMA Graphics card in your VAIO.

If there are 2 RAM modules in your notebook, however, I´d simply download the demos of the games at gamershell.com and give it a shot.

Oh, by the way, I also run GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, Need for Speed Underground 2 on my 515B, and these Games run great at medium graphics details.

Greetings

Jonny_D_1987
Visitor

ooooo thanxs alot dude 😄 will do 😄

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Guys,

Please try to be more patient - we try our best to find solutions for you as soon as we can.