Join now - be part of our community!

mass storage controller not working

jeps
Visitor

mass storage controller not working

Hi I have a Sony Viao FSVGN-FS195XP. I have re-partition the drive and installed fresh XP. But could not find driver for the above. Please help.

The sound card is still not working. !cry.gif|___jive_emoticon_name=cry|jivemacro=emoticon|class=jive_macro jive_emote|src=cry.gif!

Hi I have a Sony Viao FSVGN-FS195XP. I have re-partition the drive and installed fresh XP. But could not find driver for the above. Please help.

The sound card is still not working. !cry.gif|___jive_emoticon_name=cry|jivemacro=emoticon|class=jive_macro jive_emote|src=cry.gif!

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi jeps and welcome to the forum.

For the Mass Storage Controller try updating the driver in Device Manager and point the wizard in the direction of C:\Windows\inf. If the wizard is not able to locate the correct drivers from that location then you may need to install the chipset drivers which can be found in the pre-installed drivers package for your model.

The sound card requires the Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio class driver to be installed before installing the audio and modem drivers. You will find this driver in the pre-installed drivers package for your model (downloadable from Vaio Link), but if this fails to work then try a Google for KB888111 driver.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
jeps
Visitor

Thanks for the prompt response. I will try your suggestion

jeps
Visitor

Hi Rich
I followed your instructions.
Tried both but still not working. I do not have the original CDs. Downloaded the drivers from Viao link. I have refreshed them a couple of times.

I am lost. Please help

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I must admit that I am somewhat at a loss to offer further advice.

For the audio problem, have you tried the KB888111 driver?

As regards the Mass Storage Controller problem I can only suggest that you try a Google search for Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/PM/GMS/910GML chipset drivers and give theses a try.

I’m afraid that moving from the original OEM operating system can be fraught with problems, as you have discovered. There is an official Sony guide to the procedure at this location. Some of the drivers and utilities may be irrelevant to your model and you should download anything you require from Sony Europe, but it may provide a clue as to what needs to be installed, and in which order.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
jeps
Visitor

Well I managed to get the sound card working with a few uninstalled and installs with the drivers downloaded re your suggestion. It took a long time for the updating before reboot and after reboot.

Thanks again. that leave the Mas Storage still unresolved.
Jeremy

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

One down one to go…

Can you clarify whether there is one instance of an unrecognized Mass Storage Device in Device Manager, or (as your post) the controller is unrecognized/not working? Can you detail any error messages in Device Manager?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
jeps
Visitor

IS a warning in the Devive Manager. With every reboot there is a message to install.

But BIG problem later when I did a Restore to a point when XP SP2 was applied.( as MS office would not allow me to change at add and remove software) It restarted successfully. And I reinstalled the sound driver ok. But then it crashed in the middlel of MS Office install. With a I rebboot message system file is corrupt or missing, I then used Barte PE to boot the computer and copy over all the reg files to the config folder. A reboot but it comes up with a nls file missing. I decided to zap the C drive and start a fresh XP install. This time I will follow the install guide which you posted. I will let you know later today.

Thanks Jeremy

jeps
Visitor

Rich Good news computer up again working well. Follow edthe install guide - I think the Audio update for UUA got to be done before the audio driver install is the key. The only thing is The Device warning -Mass Storage COntroller. -This remains Unresolved

Thanks again Jeremy

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

It would help to clarify things if you could post a screenshot of the error displayed in Device Manager.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat